Light-O-Rama Forums

time running backward

Trickyd

Hello

Does anyone has ever seen the message: Time is running backwards, while starting the visualizer?

What does it mean?

Dick

The Netherlands

Known issue a while ago. Update to newer version.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Thank you for your response,

I did update as soon as it came out, always shut down computer after work done. ( no sleep )

the visualizer is running W10, I5, 16 GB.  1920/1080  display  dedicated only to visualizer, no other tasks.

Strange.

See if it happens again tonight.

Dick

The Netherlands

Ignore the part at the top about me leaving the wrong code in.  That was corrected long ago.  The explanation of what is happening is however correct.

Read the section - "When is a reboot not a reboot"

This happened to me too.  I rebooted to correct.  I have not seen it again.   I am using upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate.  My error occurred such:

morning-sequencing and running sequences while testing dmx controllers.  Create show.  Stop.  Don't close any programs but I do stop running the visualizer simulation.

afternoon - go to watch created show in visualizer...start to render the visualizer and error occurs.  Unload all LOR programs via tray.  Start all programs. Same time fault.  Let out huge sigh.  Cringe and reboot.  Start and it all works. 

This was about 5 days ago and so far no further faults.  I never turn my pc off or reboot unless absolutely necessary.  Been doing this over 10 years same pc.  It is a gen 1 I7 HP.  I know.  Time to upgrade.  Looking at Lenovo Y900 series PCs right now.  Think I can get 10 years out of that one?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just had this happen to me also. I am using v 4.3.18. I have had this happen several times in recent years. It just happened about 15 minutes ago. Does anyone know why or how to correct it? Thanks. Jim

Not sure why you'd want to correct it. 

I say rejoice! 

How many times have you wished you knew something as a teenager? 

Here's your chance...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, JamesWright said:

I just had this happen to me also. I am using v 4.3.18. I have had this happen several times in recent years. It just happened about 15 minutes ago. Does anyone know why or how to correct it? Thanks. Jim

Read the best practices post pinned at the top of this forum.  Pay attention to the section that reads "When is a reboot not a reboot".

1 hour ago, JamesWright said:

Happens to me when I don't shut down or reboot my PC for a few weeks or so, nothing to worry about just save your stuff reboot and its good to go.

Edit..my software ver in my profile is not up to date.

Edited by Cdanna77

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what microsoft has to say:

Note that the value returned by the timeGetTime function is a DWORD value. The return value wraps around to 0 every 2^32 milliseconds, which is about 49.71 days. This can cause problems in code that directly uses the timeGetTime return value in computations, particularly where the value is used to control code execution. You should always use the difference between two timeGetTime return values in computations.

1 hour ago, khawes said:

Here's what microsoft has to say:

Except of course when you need an absolute reference and not a delta.