Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request

dragonzpneuma

Started doing a little sequencing for my 2016 show today and thought of an effect I would like to have available.  In the effect generator we have the ability to add sparkle to most any effect, but we are limited to only a white sparkle.  I would love to be able to set my base color as white and add some colored sparkle to the white effect.  I think a white tree with blue sparkle would be amazing, as would red sparkle.  Basically, I'm requesting a color selector for the sparkle generator.

Thanks Matt,

Keith

18 hours ago, dragonzpneuma said:

Started doing a little sequencing for my 2016 show today and thought of an effect I would like to have available.  In the effect generator we have the ability to add sparkle to most any effect, but we are limited to only a white sparkle.  I would love to be able to set my base color as white and add some colored sparkle to the white effect.  I think a white tree with blue sparkle would be amazing, as would red sparkle.  Basically, I'm requesting a color selector for the sparkle generator.

Thanks Matt,

Keith

Upgrade if you can to the 4.3.14 version, there is an effect called twinkle that allows different colors or multiple colors together.

SPaschall

• Like 1

To add to what SPaschall said...

In 4.3.14, you can twinkle on a white background by setting the right effect to Colorwash and the color to white. On the left side, set the effect to Twinkle and color to blue or red. Set the Mixer to Mix_Overlay and the slider below it to 25% or so (closer to L than R). That should come fairly close the effect you are describing.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Matt

Blue twinkle on white.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Feature Request for the PE UI

When in playback - the timeline is a very thin (that I almost cannot see) red line over the music track,moved from left to right, then pages ahead, again moving from the left to right of the screen. It would be really helpful if the timeline were a bit more pronounced and could be configured to stay in the center of the display, having the music/channels move in a flow past it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am cross posting this note about PE features,  at Matt's suggestion. The uniformity between LOR software tools, and features can be very helpful to users. I like the product, but am getting a bit psyco at the varied tools that are not yet unified in the UI.

This is a feature request for PE.

I have now begun to use the pixel editor for this year's shows - I have added CCB arches to the CCR tree, and several LOR controllers and a CMB24D. I had become comfortable with the Sequence Editor, found Superstar to be great, but now in trying to setup the CCB Arches, Pixel Editor seems almost a step backwards in the apparent limitations it has in its effects generator, especially compared to Superstar.

One of the first things I wanted to do was to create a morph so the arch would count a beat. No morphs. I cannot yet control a  "meteor" to fit the size or time I want. (I would like to control the head/color, tail/color lengths seperately and then fit the total time. )

Is there work to be done to widen the tools in PE so they are more like Superstar ? Or, is there a better way for me to add the CCB arches and programming ?

Edited by htebault

On 10/28/2016 at 8:16 AM, Vince4xmas said:

I would like to see the ability to slow the song down in PE, similar to SE.

Thanks

I second, third, fourth, and fifth this.

I would also love to see nudge left/right functions like SS already has.

• 1 month later...

I would like to request the ability to create a sine wave type effect either vertical or horizontal that can be speed adjusted.  Also, a swirl rope effect that looks like rope is swirling around at the bottom going around up to the top.  I've seen that effect done somewhere but don't know how it was done.  Probably with SS but it would be nice to have it pre-made as an effect.  

Chris

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Disparky said:

I would like to request the ability to create a sine wave type effect either vertical or horizontal that can be speed adjusted.  Also, a swirl rope effect that looks like rope is swirling around at the bottom going around up to the top.  I've seen that effect done somewhere but don't know how it was done.  Probably with SS but it would be nice to have it pre-made as an effect.  

Chris

Both capabilities will be part of the next major release, coming early next year. These are great suggestions - keep posting your ideas!

Matt

• 1 month later...

Hi Matt,

Another request!  Perhaps there's a simpler way to do it but I would like to disable a pixel range during certain effects.  For example, I would like to have icicles down the sides of my windows but when I use that effect, the icicles go across the top of the window, down the side and then across the bottom.  I would like to to darken the top and bottom so that the icicles only go down the sides.  I've tried doing it using MS Paint to create a mask but can't figure it out.  Hoping I can just disable the pixels I don't need in the effect.

Chris

20 minutes ago, Disparky said:

Another request!  Perhaps there's a simpler way to do it but I would like to disable a pixel range during certain effects.  For example, I would like to have icicles down the sides of my windows but when I use that effect, the icicles go across the top of the window, down the side and then across the bottom.  I would like to to darken the top and bottom so that the icicles only go down the sides.  I've tried doing it using MS Paint to create a mask but can't figure it out.  Hoping I can just disable the pixels I don't need in the effect.

Create your window frame as 4 separate props - one for each side. Every side should be a vertical matrix, 1 pixel wide. You will need to rotate 3 of the sides. In preview design, make sure there is a blue pixel in every corner - this ensures that the pixels are oriented in the correct order. Finally create a group with all 4 sides, so you can still use bar and spiral effects to go around the entire window frame. When doing your meteor effect - note that 1 side will be oriented from top-to-bottom and the other will be bottom-to-top. This means that in order for the meteors to go the same direction, the meteor effect direction will be up on one side and down on the other. This will take some fiddling to get everything oriented correctly, but it can work, and offers more flexibility when sequencing effects.

Matt

WindowFrame-4segments.png

• Like 1

When setting up the prop preview for DMX Pixels, is there a way you could change the color of the First Pixel so it will be easier to see which end is the first.  (Esp. on Lines Connected) I know I do it backwards because I create the preview in PE first instead of Visualizer so it usually comes out backwards.  I go back to PE and rotate the prop over and it fixes the problem.

9 minutes ago, Little_b said:

When setting up the prop preview for DMX Pixels, is there a way you could change the color of the First Pixel so it will be easier to see which end is the first.  (Esp. on Lines Connected) I know I do it backwards because I create the preview in PE first instead of Visualizer so it usually comes out backwards.  I go back to PE and rotate the prop over and it fixes the problem.

Do you see the picture in my post above (Jan 25)? The first pixel is always blue to indicate orientation.

Matt

Thank you.  I guess I never noticed it since it shows up after unselecting the prop.  I will look more closely from now on.