Light-O-Rama Forums

Outdoor tree ornaments

Brucey

23 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Kinda hung from bottom branches. So cut those maples down when I found LOR and made my first mega tree. ??

I'm set up good with my Arborvitaes. They are almost 12' now and I'm doing a 16 channel controller on each of them this year. It will give me 4 stripes of RGBW on them. I'm hoping for some small spiral effect. I just hope 4 strands will do a good enough chase up a small caliber tree(3').  

40 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

These are kinda cool at 12", but I haven't used or seen them lit up. $7 and many colors  

You should space them 1.5' apart and line your roof with them:D.....JK

• 3 weeks later...

I just found thee guys and for $45, figured why not give them a try?  If it works, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

www.reallybiglights.com

23 minutes ago, Brucey said:

I just found thee guys and for $45, figured why not give them a try?  If it works, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

www.reallybiglights.com

Those are really cool but at $10.99 each I wish they were RGB so I could control the color.

6 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

They look pretty cool. 

The price shows $49.99 when I looked at it. Do you have a coupon code or something to share?

I found a code SEPTEMBER to take 10% off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Those are really cool but at $10.99 each I wish they were RGB so I could control the color.

True, but for $9 each, I'm just gonna hook them up to individual channels and control them through the SE.

I don't know if there's a Menards near you but they're setting out their Christmas stuff already. One thing I noticed was giant blow mold ornaments. (I was busy looking for other things at the time so I didn't inspect them very close). Once I got home I got thinking about those if you could open them up drill holes to insert pixels. I may have to buy one or two to try it I'm sitting on two extra totes full of pixel nodes with both 3 inch and 6 inch wires I'm not sure how many but about 75 pounds worth

On 9/1/2016 at 4:04 PM, Mega Arch said:

That's why I keep saying size matters. My previous residence had 42ft fully mature maples. Leaves didn't fall early enough & barely could tell they were there. Kinda hung from bottom branches. So cut those maples down when I found LOR and made my first mega tree. ??

This whole thread makes me wonder if Mega ARCH was your second choice for names?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brucey said:

Good deal! The ones we ordered come in Thursday so if we like them, can get the next batch from Home Depot. With the 10% SEPTEMBER code and free shipping our 5 Blue (more expensive than white or mulitcolor) and 5 white came up to $94. Which means we can save ~$7 going to Home DePot ($8 each plus tax) which means 11 at Home Depot for the cost of 10 direct online...yes!!

Great find Brucey!

FYI, I got mine in the other day and my initial thoughts are that the c9 bulbs they send are really dim and don't bring out the true colors.  Glad I purchased a bunch of the white ones from Home Depot and plan to mod them with RGB's. 

Instead of using the pixel strips like in the previous video, I'm going with using bullets like this guy did: