Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual video outputs?

don731

Using the latest LOR software with advanced license.  My Lenovo laptop that runs the show uses Win 7 Pro.  The laptop has both HDMI and VGA outputs.  I run a small pico projector off the VGA port right now (you can see this in the video below). I am thinking of adding a second pico projector that uses HDMI, and would like to run the same video (via LOR WMV files) to both projectors over both ports.  Any guidance on how to set this up?  I'm normally a Mac guy!

Thanks in advance!

Don in Chicagoland

Video from 2014 show:

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible for you to connect a 3rd ... that way you can see what you are doing on both projectors and be able to still control things... Or you can run it as two monitors but when you are programming etc. it will show on both whatever you are doing... Or check to see if you can get a splitter and connect both your projectors to the same output.. 

Don, assuming your Lenovo's 2 video outputs are both constantly active, they should output the exact same signal. Simply setup your dual monitor screens as you did when outputting  a single video feed.

I don't have a Lenovo, so don't know how their onboard video is setup, because with a few models when you output HDMI, you can't simultaneously output VGA. If you find that to be the case for your laptop, an easy fix is to use a Y adapter from the HDMI port (assuming of course your other projector can also use a HDMI input).