Light-O-Rama Forums

Spiral Mega Tree Sequences??

DisneyMatt10

Hey all,

First off, please forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. (Which I'm sure it has been.) But as we are getting down to the wire with Christmas quickly approaching I thought I'd go ahead and request some sequences. I've never done this sequence sharing thing before, so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. 

About my setup: I am searching for some sequences for a 16 channel, 360 degree, spiral mega tree. Specifically Wizards Of Winter, Let It Go, and Carol Of The Bells. 

Any sequences are greatly appreciated, but those are the three I need the most!! 

Thanks in advance,

~Matt

You can do a search for just mega tree sequences. A spiral tree is just a twisted mega tree. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Hey all,

First off, please forgive me if this topic has already been discussed. (Which I'm sure it has been.) But as we are getting down to the wire with Christmas quickly approaching I thought I'd go ahead and request some sequences. I've never done this sequence sharing thing before, so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know. 

About my setup: I am searching for some sequences for a 16 channel, 360 degree, spiral mega tree. Specifically Wizards Of Winter, Let It Go, and Carol Of The Bells. 

Any sequences are greatly appreciated, but those are the three I need the most!! 

Thanks in advance,

~Matt

What's your email address ?

• Like 1

I am also interested in seeing spiral tree sequences because I'm just now learning how to program them and any ideas would be helpful!  

jaynee at yahoo dot com.

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2016 at 3:00 PM, Santas Helper said:

You can do a search for just mega tree sequences. A spiral tree is just a twisted mega tree. :)

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but....

Is this accurate?  I have been wanting to add spiral trees this year, but with time being short, and Halloween taking much more time this year than any other, I don't really have time to get into sequencing something new.  Is it really that simple? 

1 hour ago, Dcroc said:

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but....

Is this accurate?  I have been wanting to add spiral trees this year, but with time being short, and Halloween taking much more time this year than any other, I don't really have time to get into sequencing something new.  Is it really that simple? 

Basically yes there are some things you can do with a dual direction spiral tree but for the most part they program the same.

If the number of channels match, in a pinch you can use existing straight line mega tree sequencing for a spiral tree.  Some of it might even look better on a spiral tree than it did on the original straight line model.  But depending on what kinds of patterns were used on the original, some if it might look dumb.  Maybe even really dumb.

I've sequenced both straight-line and spiral trees and once thought I could save a little time using the sequencing for one on the other.  Didn't work.  At least not the way I wanted it to look.

IMO, a dual color/direction spiral tree is a waste of time and money.  The WOW factor of a spiral tree is from it's motion, not the color.  The total number of extra effects you achieve by adding the second color is one.  Regarding direction, you can achieve practically the same look as a second direction by simply spinning the tree backwards. 

I believe that a better use of resources (unless they're unlimited) is making sure your spiral tree has at least 12, and preferably 16, channels.  That's where your sequencing effects and options come from.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I just finished a 16 channel, 20' spiral mega tree and I'm scrambling for a test sequence and any other sequences to get me going.  I would really appreciate any thing sent my  way.

My email is timhoderny@gmail.com

Thanks