Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween -- SCARY

Septon

Hey all.

So, I am going to do Halloween with LOR this year.  My house has always been known as the "Scariest" house, and well... we only get 2/3rds of the kids our neighbours get. :) We start with a softer tone until it gets darker, then, it is all out.  Fog, Projected Ghosts etc... But this year I plan on using my LOR 16 Channel  First year.  I figure I will get some ghosts, and add Lightning.  But I couldn't find SCARY Music and sounds, so I just made my own here.  I am going to add Lightning and Thunder here shortly, and will have it Mega louder than these scary sounds. 

Here is the Smaller sample of what it is I created with a lot of sound effects etc.  If someone wants the 24 min MP3 I created so far to start working on their own, let me know.  But I am looking for some GOOD LIGHTNING and THUNDER.  Also would love to find a good Video of a Ghost, or Ghoul or what ever we can find, that I can use for my projector on the lawn.  Last year I used an EYE BALL.  I would rather something a bit better quality.

I am looking to see if anyone has anything Scary Video wise, good Thunder, Lightning so I can add to my sound track.

Love to hear thoughts ideas on what to do.

Halloween_3.mp3

GOOD LORD!!! That is my favourite so far!  I wish I had some RBG's.

Where did you get those Trees?  I want to do that now... I can use my current 16 Channel for much of what you did, just need colour flood lights. 

Also how did you do that fog? MAN yours is awesome!! Great Job  You have helped me with a lot of ideas.... I may even go with the music scary stuff.  I have about 20 minutes of that too.

GREAT JOB.

6 hours ago, Septon said:

GOOD LORD!!! That is my favourite so far!  I wish I had some RBG's.

Where did you get those Trees?  I want to do that now... I can use my current 16 Channel for much of what you did, just need colour flood lights. 

Also how did you do that fog? MAN yours is awesome!! Great Job  You have helped me with a lot of ideas.... I may even go with the music scary stuff.  I have about 20 minutes of that too.

GREAT JOB.

Thanks Seppie, (can I call you Seppie? :) )

I got the trees locally at Spirit Halloween several years ago and added lights inside them. But they can be made quite simply with chicken wire, burlap and monster mud. Then painted.

For the fog, I used the chavet hurricane 1800 sitting inside my storm cellar pointing upward.

I prefer the scary music to set the mood to TOTs to be.... well.... scared. :)

It's not a "come dance" haunt. it's a "be scared, it's Halloween" haunt.

The music is loud and repeats all evening. It can be heard from quite a distance. 

And thank you Tomsusie.

• Like 1

I should add. the ribbon lights on the house are dumb RGB strips from ebay (cheap) operated by a LOR DC controller. The red lights in front of the trees are the ican red floods along with the green ican floods in the storm cellar (cheap). Then a couple fire sticks made with 12v 12" white LED strips from ebay (cheap) operated from another LOR DC controller.

I go cheap on lights for Halloween to spend more money on candy. :) 

Hey do you think I can get your LOR sequence and music to work from?  If your so inclined.  I am starting to think your eerie sound is nice...

Septon.. Check the files I sent you named Halloween.. you have them with and without the singing monster faces that I sent you a while back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 9:12 PM, Santas Helper said:

Thank you JJ. That would be Nightmare on Elm Street, with thunder added in.

I LOVE it!

Any chance of sharing it, and it's MP3 with a noob, who just got his first controller Friday?

I'm just now learning, and would LOVE to edit, and make use of this for Halloween.

Thanks in advance, Gordon

phlash at tampabay.rr dot com

On 8/24/2016 at 0:24 PM, Santas Helper said:

I have a little display I use with LOR. 

th_MOV03129_zpsa740e867.mp4

Very cool!  Love the eerie music and effects!  

Thank you Chris.

I like the eerie effect too. It's not too scary for most but keeps everyone on their toes. And it's just a simple display people can pause and check out.

Tom