Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color bulbs with controller

Dgauss

Hi all! Newb here. I am thinking about getting my feet wet with an rgb system this year and noticed these (CcBulb 100 bulb set with controller) at the LOR website. I was just wondering what else I would need to get these things going?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also am doing the same as my first step into the RGB, Pixel world.     I've upgraded my software from advanced to Pro, I do hope that is the right thing.  Do I need Super Star? .  But really am lost as to what comes next.   I'm hoping to find a sequence (Halloween) or two just to see the programing.  It looks like there is only a short lead from the mini-control box to the two strings, and if I understand the reading I've done, lengthening those leads does not add much length but plenty of risk (for a newbie).    So like Dgauss am wondering what else is needed?     Suggestions are most welcome, I only know I don't know jack....

Thank you,

Edited by scubanimal

If you have the CCB system, all you need is a USB adapter (or mp3 director) and some Cat5. These will connect directly inside your standard LOR network much like the rest of your standard controllers.

Sounds like you have the right software, and it's time to get programming! Superstar is not necessary for CCB, especially if you only have a set or two. These can be programmed in either the PE or the SE, and it will take a bit of time, but the effects are really sweet. Enjoy your new piece of hardware. Keep the questions rolling if you need more help.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Spend a bit of time to watch the video tutorials for both the sequence editor and pixel editor.  Pixel editor makes it a breeze to sequence single or multiple RGB strings such as the CCBs. These forums are an excellent source should you have difficulty making your lights blink.  Huge warning its addictive. Good luck. 

Thanks guys, I opened up SE & PE.    First question, since I have sequences in SE, how do you merge the PE in so you know its sync'd?  

Second how do you make the "prop" i.e the animated view?  (or did I miss that in my reading?)   If I make 100 dots then, do you guys just make them white regardless of what the color is at the time?   In SE having the animation really helped; While I'm just doing an house outline first go around with the pixels, the thought of doing a tree is very interesting, but I can't imagine not having matching color in the animation to sequence it.  

Thanks,

Ian

You will need to build a preview in the pixel editor and ensure all the props you build have the same channel configuration as your sequences. As you build your props you will be asked to assign where you will control your props from.  If you define sequence editor you will control from the sequence you have opened in the pixel editor.  If you define Pixel editor you will control from it and the intensity file will be embedded in your sequence in the editor. The pixel editor supports the sequence editor and when you open your sequence in the pixel editor it is synced just as long as the channels are configured the same,  I chose to assign all my rgb pixels in the preview to the pixel editor as it has a wide variety of options. When you add a new prop to the preview you will see the many options to draw pixels, strings.... it will make sense.  Play around with the building of a preview (aka animation).  

• The topic was locked