Light-O-Rama Forums

First Time Purchaser - Summer Sale - Can You Help Me?

duszaki

OK - it's time for me to get into this. I'm into graphic designing, so hopefully that transfers into sequencing. My family thinks I am nuts, but I am told that this is probably a good starting point.

I like the cosmic color ribbons - right now, this is the goal for me with outlining sections of the roof, windows, doorways, etc.

So here is what I have in the cart so far...

Shopping Cart
Item Options Unit Price Qty. Cost
cosmic-color-ribbon-ii-ccr-ii-3.gif Cosmic Color Ribbon - II (CCR-II)   [remove] $45.95 $689.25
yhst-1552586516070_2270_14127241 PRO Series 16 Channel Starter Package   [remove]
  • Software Level : Basic
  • Software Delivery : Download Only
  • Connector : USB - USB485
  • Cat5 Cable : 25ft Cat5 Cable(+0.00)
  • LOR1602Wg3-MP3 Upgrade : Not Selected
  • Power Cords : USA Power Cords
  • Operating Voltage : USA 120V
$309.80 $309.80

What am I missing? Probably a lot... I know, but I am reading how the Cosmic Color Ribbon - II (CCR-II's) need software, pixel controller, and power supply. Is that what I have here - I see something about pixie 4, 6, 16 and Pixicon16, but I am honestly lost... not sure where to go with that - if I am looking to purchase 15 strands, does that mean I need 15 controllers? Please be specific... Sorry if I am breaking any kind of etiquette here - chalk it up as an excited newbie, ready to take on the challenge, grow and learn. Feel free to reply to this post or email me at duszaki@nburlington.com.

Really looking forward to the responses that I will get and no pressure, but of course, I waited until the last possible day of this sale (8/24/16) to say, "it's time to do this..." So any expedited thoughts and long-lasting relationships are much appreciated!

Thanks, Dan

You can't control pixels with that controller or the basic license level. The controller you have selected is for 110v LED or incandescent lights (whole string on or off). Pixels on your first year is pretty adventurous, I didn't have that much courage my first year. I'm not sure if the pixcon controller is what you should be looking at because I use a combination of Sandevices E682's and Falcon pixel controllers.  I do know for certain that you will require a higher license level though. I hope this helps, I understand that you have to buy today to catch the sale.

Z

I agree with the above poster, that pixels for your first year is a lot to take on. This is our first year doing a light show and the pixels have been nothing but a headache. Also, you do need to get a license level. I had to upgrade to pro for my pixels, and the controller I ended up with for my smart pixels is this one:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/832.htm

The controller you posted is for controlling regular lights, (not RGB, and not pixels.)

Best of luck on this journey!! It's going to get overwhelming at times, but don't let that discourage you!! 

~Matt

Edited by DisneyMatt10

3 hours ago, duszaki said:

How do you go about getting a topic approved - I posted this 10 hours ago

Up late, missed it late night, slept late. Sorry.