Light-O-Rama Forums

Scrolling On The Timeline

newby

When I'm editing my sequence and try to scroll up or down using the scrolling wheel on my mouse, nothing happens, I have to go to the scroll bar to scroll up or down.  This works, but being able to use the mouse would be much faster. I have a cell activated on the page, but can't scroll with the mouse, only the scroll bar on the side. Is this normal or do I need to do something different?  The scrolling wheel on the mouse works with other parts of LOR, like the help menu and with other documents, but not within the sequencing editor.

As far as I know, no the scroll wheel on the mouse won't let you scroll up and down in the SE on the timeline.   

Mine has never worked that way and I know the scroll wheel is configured correctly as it works in all the other programs that allows it.  

Don't know why that isn't enabled in the LOR SE, as there have been times I would have liked to scroll from a track I was on to one further down without having to go to the up/down scroll bar, click and hold it to get to the track I wanted to work on or change something in.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

I've never  been able to do it.  Can't say for any version over 3.8.2, since that's the one I'm still using.   But I have never had the scroll wheel work for vertical scrolling in the LOR SE.   And I've been through several dozen different mice, all did exactly the same, wouldn't allow me to scroll vertically up/down in LOR SE.      Lots of other software I have it works fine in.   

So I don't know what the difference might be why it works for at least one person, but not some of us.

And I don't see any way to configure the scroll wheel or mouse within the LOR SE either.  Only in the Control Panel in Windows and the scroll wheel is enabled for any software that will allow its use, so theoretically it should work, but doesn't in my case{and at least one other}.

It is working fine today.  I've been using LOR for several years now and it has worked in the past.  Wasn't the last few  days, is now.  Go figure.

Nope, just tried it again and still doesn't work, it has never worked for me at all.    Must be something in the way Windows does things.   But I've never gotten the scroll wheel to allow me to go up/down in the LOR SE and I've been using the software since 2010.  

6 years I've been using the LOR SE software now, and it's never worked, not even one time for me.

Now I'm talking about the far right scroll bar that scrolls all tracks up and down, that's never worked with the scroll wheel.  But within ONE track that is longer than the screen, yes, the scroll wheel has always worked there, but not allow me to scroll past the track I'm in.  Now if I just used a single track for all controllers, etc., this would work, but I break everything down into tracks and controller{s}.

So I can't scroll from track 3 to track 5 for example, but in track 4 that's longer than the screen, inside track 4, yes, I can scroll up/down.  Again, just have never been able to do it with the far right scroll bar that lets me go up/down in the entire sequence and all tracks.

Edited by Orville

If I remember correctly (I'm not in front of a SE at the moment).  POINT at the scroll bar you want to move and use the wheel.  In other words, put the mouse cursor over the VERT bar and it will scroll up/down.  Put it over the HORIZ bar and it goes left/right.

Also don't forget that the SE is a multi-window program.  There could be multiple Vert/Horiz scroll bars depending on if it is the main window, a sub window, etc.

Just tried it on my XP computer with 4.3.14 Pro, and no matter what I did, it would always scroll vertically.  If the sequence has more than one track, it would scroll vertically on the active track.

On 8/23/2016 at 1:00 PM, DevMike said:

If I remember correctly (I'm not in front of a SE at the moment).  POINT at the scroll bar you want to move and use the wheel.  In other words, put the mouse cursor over the VERT bar and it will scroll up/down.  Put it over the HORIZ bar and it goes left/right.

Also don't forget that the SE is a multi-window program.  There could be multiple Vert/Horiz scroll bars depending on if it is the main window, a sub window, etc.

Tried that DevMike.  Wouldn't do a thing.  it just sits there unless I HOLD the mouse button down and move the scroll bar on the right up/down with the mouse.    I can only get it to work inside the active track, other than that, it's been a no go.

Doesn't work for the side to side at the bottom either, at least mine never has.    Double checked my mouse settings and they are correct.   They do work in OTHER programs that support the wheel, just not the LOR SE except for those areas I mentioned where it does work {in my case}.

Maybe it's the song you're sequencing.

;););):P:P:P

The scroll wheel didn't work when I was working on my Frozen mix earlier this week, but it works now that I'm working on an Elvis song.

Edited by MAGI47

Nope, I do a huge variety of music/songs and my scroll wheel will not scroll anything up and down in the SE from the main right side scroll bar.  Inside any tracks that are longer than my monitor, the scroll wheel works 100% perfectly fine in a track, outside the track, I can just forget about it.    it's never worked, not ever.

This problem has been around for years in various products. The most common cause for the problem is the tilt function.

Just for fun, try changing the mouse to a model that does not have the tilt function, and if it is wireless, make sure the one you try is a wired model.  It used to resolve this issue about 97% of the time. I used to use the old MS Laser Mouse 6000 driver. 

I currently run Windows on a MacBook using BootCamp and the trackpad works fine.  I recommend it highly.  

Edited by zeighty
Clarification