Light-O-Rama Forums

Extra grid row in Visualizer (4.3.14)

Brucey

I'm converting a 12CCR display to a 12x50 CCP display.  Through Visualizer, I setup the prop exactly with the right channels/networks/etc (based off of one of the samples).  I imported the visualization into SS without an issue, and if I run the sequence through CCR mode, it looks great, but as soon as I put it into visualization mode, an extra row appears in the grid and all of my animations appear off by 1 row.

It's probably something simple and I'm completely overlooking it but any thoughts?

Thanks

extraline.JPG

It looks like you are using a visualization with a globe at the top. Do you have a globe at the top?

The globe uses the row/column setting which you can get at using the superstar button in the prop containing the globe. Or it may be using the row and column keywords in the comment line of the prop.

Because the globe prop is using row/column settings, you should also use row/column settings for the tree. In the prop containing the tree, click on the superstar button and set row to 16 and column to 1. This should place the tree strings below the globe.

Also, when importing the visualization set the sequencing grid "max length" to 75 so there will be enough room for your visualization in the grid.

2 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

The globe uses the row/column setting which you can get at using the superstar button in the prop containing the globe. Or it may be using the row and column keywords in the comment line of the prop.

Because the globe prop is using row/column settings, you should also use row/column settings for the tree. In the prop containing the tree, click on the superstar button and set row to 16 and column to 1. This should place the tree strings below the globe.

Also, when importing the visualization set the sequencing grid "max length" to 75 so there will be enough room for your visualization in the grid.

Thanks for your help.  This 'fixed' the width problem but now everything got crunched up to 25 lights instead of the full 50 which was working before.  Any other settings which I need to change?

Click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

When the "Import Visualization" dialog box appears be sure the sequencing grid "Max Length" has been set to 75 so there is enough room for your visualization in the grid.

I did exactly as you recommended but still got the same error (see the screenshot of the setting and the pic of SS).  it almost looks like there's an offset issue somewhere that it's starting higher than at bulb 1 but I can't find anything set incorrectly.  Any other suggestions?  I'm very appreciative of your help!

pic2.JPG

pic1.JPG

Edited by Brucey
Added more info

What is the error you are getting? The grid that represents the tree starts right after the globe ends, and then it extends for 50 pixels. How are you wanting it to be?

I'm not getting any errors but the picture below shows the image actually offset too high but before I moved it over to pixels from ribbons, it was perfectly aligned. 

What I did was take the 24x50tree_8rowglobe_bottomcontroller sample, removed the last 12 fixtures, leaving me with just the 4 for the globe and then the 12 for the 50 node strings, updated it to my network settings, did what you recommended but keep getting the offset below.  Any other thoughts?

offset.JPG

From your picture it appears you are saying that you want the 12x50 matrix to be even with the top of the sequencing grid. You can do that, but then you will need to move the grid that belongs to the globe, you would need to move it to the right, or move it to the bottom. You do not want them to overlap.

Perhaps it would be easiest for me to remote into your computer and you can show me how you want it to appear. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a time for me to remote into your computer.