Light-O-Rama Forums

New visulaization

Steelers95

I struggled with this last year and I was wondering if there has been any changes to the software yet. I want to add to my visualization but every time I add anything new and import it into superstar my existing sequence gets all messed up because the pixels shift around. Anyone know anyway to go around this?

There are cases where adding lights unavoidably alters the sequencing grid and you have to modify existing sequences to get things working again. For example if you had a row of 8 mini-trees and you added 4 more so that you now have 12, then any morphs that were intended to span all the mini trees are now going to have to be changed to span all 12 instead of 8 like before.

But if you are adding a new "group" of lights light a new matrix, or a new set of mini-trees then you can make it so they occupy a new spot on the sequencing grid without changing the location of other stuff on the grid. To do this you can do a couple of approaches, one is to put your new group of lights in a prop and click on the superstar button in that prop and specify the row/column for that group. One caveat is that to use row/column in one group you probably will have to go to all the props and now specify their row/column location.

Another approach is to use the "import visualization pair" feature. To do this you need a "row visualization" and a "real visualization". Move props around in the row visualization where you want them to appear in the sequencing grid. Keep things in the real visualization where they actually are in the display. This way you can use the "row visualization" to move the new lights to locations that don't change the locations of the the other lights.

My solution to this is that every prop has the location specified as Brian talks about in the previous message.  That way EVERYTHING is exactly where I want it, and won't change - unless I change it.

• Like 1

Yes.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Alright so when I went in and specified the row and column, I specified up to 23 row but when I imported the visualization into superstar I still only had 8 rows on the grid. Any Ideas?

One thing to realize is that the row/column terminology matches if you chose "Vertical" when you imported the visualization. With a vertical visualization row 1 is at the top and the rows numbers increase as you go downward. Column 1 is on the left and the column numbers increase as you go to the right.

If you chose "horizontal" then think of your visualization as being a vertical visualization that has been tipped on its side so that it is now horizontal. row 1 is on the left and the row numbers increase as you go to the right. Column 1 is on the bottom and the column numbers increase as you go upward.

If you continue to have trouble getting it to work, attach your visualization to your post, or email it to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it. The visualization file will end with .lee and should be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

One thing to remember is that what we normally think of as row (horizontal) and column (vertical), applies in Superstar when using a vertical layout (as you would for only a CCR tree for example).  If you are using a horizontal layout (as I am), it is backwards - row is vertical and column is horizontal.  The other thing to remember is that if you start specifying locations for props, it really needs to be an all or none situation.

Well, just as I finished typing this, I saw that Brian replied, and pretty much said what I said...  You beat me to it Brian!

Steelers95, Do you have another E-Mail account you can send it from (for example, a work account)?  You may be in a situation where either the mail system you are using does not like something about Brian's E-Mail, or the other way around.  I have run into that a few times over the years - for example one of my G-Mail accounts is ALWAYS blocked by my work account for no apparent reason.  You can also try sending through a third party - i.e. you send to someone else who then forwards the message to Brian.  If you want to use me for that purpose, you can use mine which is:  jim at k6ccc dot org  (spelled out to slow down automated automated robots).

As I said earlier, you are welcome to try sending it to me, and I'll forward it to Brian. I run my own mail server and have complete control over spam filtering. And I have successfully sent mail to Brian in the past. My address is Jim at k6ccc dot org (of course put into normal address format).

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I have not received the visualization. You can try attaching it to the message in the forum, you may have to zip it up.

Also, you can try sending it to the_spiderwebman@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Jim I would like to take you up on that offer. I just re sent the email to you, Can you please re send it to Brian. Sorry for the delay Brian I've been busy the past week and haven't had time to re send this email out. Hopefully you can still help me out.

Thank you

I'm on my commuter train right, but I'll be to a computer in a little bit.