Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Summer Sale Discussion Thread

LORAdmin

Summer Sale is now on. See link at top of page, or in Important Announcements forum.

Or check your email.

Or see the FB Page.

Comments/Questions for LOR? Post'em here.

Ut oh... The cosmic bulbs are out of stock already.    Yikes   I need a plan B on my not fully formed plan A.

Yup.. and I must say the prices are pretty darn comparable. If I didn't already have enough pixels and smart strips and controllers...this would be the way to go. I'll wait for Mad Grab next year to get more goodies. My budget is already gone. I just ordered a UV flood for my Halloween display ( the wife ain't gonna find out until Halloween that  I got it) LOL... can't wait to get it!!!

Can you plug two 50 square pixel strings together and get a 100 pixel string, since a Pixie can handle 100 pixels per output?

Whats the distance between each bulb?

Well, a lot of typos! But They have stepped it up with new stuff. That PIXIE line will be a huge seller for them, maybe not this sale so much but future. Smart product.

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Ut oh... The cosmic bulbs are out of stock already.    Yikes   I need a plan B on my not fully formed plan A.

They've been out of stock -  not sure they've been back yet.  Curious as to why they have a sale price when they're not available.  Maybe soon??  I was planning on getting some when this sale started.  Bummer.

19 minutes ago, DevMike said:

Let me see if we are going to get some in.  I thought we were.

Thanks Mike.   This prop is already CCB.  To add more they need to be the same appearance. 

Questions on the new stuff

Does the Pixie controllers (purchased separately) include power and the enclosure?  Ready to plug lights into?

Do the pixel strings need to be places next to Pixie controller or is there an extension that can be purchased?

Are nodes available versus the square pixels?

is the store getting pounded with traffic?  I'm having troubles getting into different parts, especially the RGB sections, and it's just hanging.

I've tried it from different devices and on different networks with the same results.

Pixie boards purchased on their own do not include power supplies or enclosures (since we don't know how you are going to use them).  Pixel String packages however come in enclosures with power supplies and the pixels.

As with all pixel products, unless you do some additional work, you can not extend the leads from the controller to the pixels themselves.  That is a limitation of low voltage electronics as well as the data transmission properties of the pixels themselves.

Square pixels only at this time.  

1 minute ago, Brucey said:

is the store getting pounded with traffic?  I'm having troubles getting into different parts, especially the RGB sections, and it's just hanging.

I've tried it from different devices and on different networks with the same results.

You just posted this, and I have been poking around for the past 5 minutes or so without any troubles, so I don't think it's a LOR website problem.

3 minutes ago, Brucey said:

No problem from here, I pop right in.