Light-O-Rama Forums

Tennessee Fall Mini

Ron Boyd

Tennessee Fall Mini

All are invited, not just the folks from TN. We’ve had folks from GA, NC, SC, FL, AL and even once, someone from New Zealand. 

WHEN: Saturday, September 17, 2016 

WHERE: Cleveland, TN (Just north of Chattanooga off of I-75)

3787 Blue Springs Road in Cleveland, TN  

TIME: TBD (usually 9 am – 4 pm)  

We’ll take up $$ for lunch, usually pizza. 

Most of us are nearing the finished product for the season, so really, any topic is up. The Fall Mini is usually, not as structured as the Spring Mini, but we still learn a lot.

Topics will/can range from: 

Lights to use: Incandescent, LED’s, RGB dumb and smart strings. Most of us here use some form of RGB but the Incans and LED are also a part of some displays.

Hardware: basic controllers, E1.31, Falcon, Sandevices, J1SYS, LOR, etc. 

Software: xlights/Nutcracker, LOR S4, Pixel Editor, Superstar, Vixen, Hls. Most everybody is using xLights, but some of are still diehard LOR fans.

Power Injection: This is something that all can learn when using the low voltage, DC items such as pixels and basic RGB.

If the interest is there, several of us can demonstrate good and most likely, different techniques for soldering, ie. connecting pixel strips or strings, adding pigtails, waterproofing, soldering controller boards together and such.

Been there, done that. We can have one on one instruction if the need arises. Lots of us have been doing this for several years and have the "Been there, done that and I got the t-shirt" mentality. We're all willing to share our experiences, good and bad. 

Construction of elements: Need ideas how to construct leaping arches, mega trees, spiral trees, a Matrix, Marty fan, etc. Bring your new, cool element, to show off. It gives others ideas for creating new exciting elements for their display as well as how to build them.  

Anything else? If there's anything else you'd like to talk about, post about it here and we'll see if we can get it in.

Mark your calendar for the September 17th.

8 hours ago, cjackson said:

i'll be there.  is it ok  to bring items for sale? i live in a gated commuity.

Yep. There's always somebody wanting to buy or sell.

I too might be there.

I have a few items to sell if any one is interested.

10 Coro Stars with two power supplies. has DMX units installed.  $100.00.

The original CCR Super Star Rings.  This is made from square steel stock (4 rings about 5 foot diameter)  and comes with the 2 ea four foot solid steel stakes per ring.  $100.00.

Singing Christmas Tree All LED, not RGB just multiple channels up to 3-16 channels  Size is 4' x 8' in frame.  $100.00

If no one is interested I will not come.  The CCR Rings and singing tree can only be seen at my house.

10 hours ago, Dennis Cherry said:

I too might be there.

I have a few items to sell if any one is interested.

10 Coro Stars with two power supplies. has DMX units installed.  $100.00.

The original CCR Super Star Rings.  This is made from square steel stock (4 rings about 5 foot diameter)  and comes with the 2 ea four foot solid steel stakes per ring.  $100.00.

Singing Christmas Tree All LED, not RGB just multiple channels up to 3-16 channels  Size is 4' x 8' in frame.  $100.00

If no one is interested I will not come.  The CCR Rings and singing tree can only be seen at my house.

I want the original CCR Super Star Rings, Dennis. 

On 8/23/2016 at 8:46 PM, Ron Boyd said:

I want the original CCR Super Star Rings, Dennis. 

Sent you an email.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few days away. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Seeing all the great plans that are about to go into action in the next month or so.

After having conflicts the last 2 gatherings, I am finally going to be able to make it on Saturday. I have not been able to get up for working on my show this year and I'm sure this is just what I need to get the juices flowing.  I look forward to meeting you all and learning lots - which I need a lot of "learning." 

Dennis, I'll check the old email you sent me to see what you were looking to sell and check with you to see what's still available if you're still thinking you might come.

Rory

Edited by mojo_risin

On 9/13/2016 at 9:59 PM, mojo_risin said:

After having conflicts the last 2 gatherings, I am finally going to be able to make it on Saturday. I have not been able to get up for working on my show this year and I'm sure this is just what I need to get the juices flowing.  I look forward to meeting you all and learning lots - which I need a lot of "learning." 

Dennis, I'll check the old email you sent me to see what you were looking to sell and check with you to see what's still available if you're still thinking you might come.

Rory

Yes, still planning to come for a while.

The CCR Circles are sold to Ron and he will be picking them up after the meeting at my house. I cannot bring everything because I only have a car,  If you want to come by and see what is remaining that is fine.

I will be glad to finally put a face with your name.

Dennis

I'm excited because after years of missing it I'm finally going. Will anyone care of I take my 14yo son if he wants to go.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk