Light-O-Rama Forums

Scrolling text options

ItsMeBobO

A new version of Marquee has been released with new scrolling text options.   There is a new 'pause' feature which lets you specify moments in the message to pause for emphasis.    New options for adjusting the background orientation and color movements. 

New circular and oval  and clock backgrounds are generated via vegomatic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

New versions of both Vegomatic and Marquee are available.    Several new background frames are now generated by Vegomatic.     Spirals of different curvatures and  Hex patterns which wrap perfectly. 

Marquee now provides the number of colors required to fill a background image.   A bug was fixed if the undocked viewer was used at the same time as the color picker.   And a very important upgrade to dimming curves for pixels. 

Been using Vegomatic for a couple years now and love it! Thanks Bob!

I'm trying to create a LOR config file with several DMX strings. The first export works and can be imported into LOR 4.2.12 without issue. When I add the second string and export the combined config file I can't import it into LOR. I get an error stating "invalid procedure call or argument."

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

is there a preferred height/length for a scrolling marquee?  was looking at doing 8 pixels high by 42 wide but not sure if that would give me a nice visible marquee from a 20ft distance.

take a page from the old Dot Matrix play book.  '9 pins' high, so you can have descender: p q

On 3/13/2017 at 8:11 PM, wkm001 said:

Been using Vegomatic for a couple years now and love it! Thanks Bob!

I'm trying to create a LOR config file with several DMX strings. The first export works and can be imported into LOR 4.2.12 without issue. When I add the second string and export the combined config file I can't import it into LOR. I get an error stating "invalid procedure call or argument."

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Did the advise I sent via email answer this question? 

my other possibility is to scrap one prop I was thinking of and going with a 25 x 32 "matrix" for my "marquee", thoughts?   would this be better than the 8 x 42 I was originally thinking?

If you are trying to do a marque for text, in my opinion, the longer the better. I would consider 50 pixels wide as a minimum. As for height, you can do all CAPS with as little as six, but in my opinion seven is the minimum. To do lower case with decenders, as said above nine is about the minimum. Again, more is better.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

with the stuff I have from Boscoyo Studio my choices are 8 x 42 or 25 x 32 (using what I currently have), which way would you go?

32 minutes ago, caniac said:

with the stuff I have from Boscoyo Studio my choices are 8 x 42 or 25 x 32 (using what I currently have), which way would you go?

I'm not familiar with the Boscoyo Studios matrix products and could not find anything other than the mounting strips on their website, I'm curious what pieces you have to give those limitations, considering that one option is 800 pixels and the other is less than half of that at 336.  That part notwithstanding, given the choices you gave, for text I would go with the 8 x 42.  Note that 8 x 32 would for all practical purposes limit you to text only - can't do much graphics with only eight pixels in one direction.  Personally if I were to do a text only matrix and had 800 pixels available, I would be looking at either 9 x 88 or 10 x 80.

• The topic was locked