Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor won't open new sequences

ClydeL

I'll do my best to explain what is happening.  When opening the SE, a dialog box usually opens that says "open new sequence" or "create new musical sequence".  Instead of this dialog box showing up, the SE opens and that display is not available.  However, the SE acts like the box is open and will not allow me to access any part of the SE. 

When I open any sequence by clicking on the .lmx file, the sequence opens and runs as normal.  However, I want to create a NEW sequence.  So, I click on the "NEW SEQUENCE" icon and once again the SE goes through the motion of opening that dialog box. But, it does not open and I can not do anything else. 

I'm running W10 and the same thing is happening on version 4.3.14 Pro as well as 4.2.12 Pro.  In order to close the SE, I must Ctrl + Alt + Delete and END PROGRAM.  I've never seen anything like this before? 

I have rebooted the computer ;) and also made sure my software is registered :)  Any ideas?

Thanks

Clyde

Sounds like you might have that dialog box opening somewhere that you're not seeing.  How many monitors are you running, and is one of them not presently in service?  Is that different than when you last worked with the SE?  Different machine?

George I have 3 monitors, all in-service.  That was my initial thought as well.  I have tried running only one monitor and there is still no luck.  It is the same setup I have used for about 6 months and it seemed to work fine previously.