Light-O-Rama Forums

Motivation

zing

23 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

Moving is not an excuse. Unless you're looking for one. Then it's all on you.

You really have to hate the voice of reason lol

• Like 1

Hell I can't even start wiring up my pixels yet lol. I close on the new house in 13 days, now it's a waiting game lol. Then move in and then get going on rewiring to fit new house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, George Simmons said:

If you don't get into it, you can always sell your stuff for a fraction of what you paid, instead of having it clutter up your storage space.  :rolleyes:

I did that (sold 22 controllers out of 25.....so I still have 3 regular controllers, 20 ccp controllers, and 12 ccrs) but I still sequence (for paying customers). I went static for 2015.... . now I may go back to musical for this year...... I think.

I lack motivation for many reasons. Last year I thought no one cares anymore about my musical display because every time I looked out the window no one seems to show up, but the minute I head back to the computer & stay on it for a couple hours or more folks show up.  Last year I stayed off the computer watch out front & folks drove by ( looked fast ) & did a u-turn & left & I can tell that they were looking for the musical show but there wasn't one.....so I am a bit more motivated to have one again....but just a bit.

Edited by lightzilla

Today I can confirm that I have FINALLY taken my new controller out of the box.  It's now sitting on my desk, along with my first controller.  It's not plugged in or anything, but it IS unboxed and on my desk.  

That's a huge accomplishment. *lol*

My wife just bought me new computer and said you netter ne on that sequencing every night.  There's my motivation

:D.

• Like 3

Okay, I'm starting to feel inspired.  Today I went into Amazon Prime and found three songs that I may try sequencing for this year.  They aren't new songs, but they are on the shorter side (around 3 minutes each), and I had a few ideas noodle into my brain as I listened to them.

The songs were:

Jingle Bells - Bing Crosby (2:36)
Greensleeves - Mannheim Steamroller (3:06)
The Man With the Bag - Kellie Picker (2:32)

haven't done anything for this year at all {2016}, just haven't had that "motivation" either.   So just going to use 2015's sequences with some changes of prop placements and channel assignments that I've already done.   Other than that.  I'm just no in the mood to do much with it at all this year.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:54 PM, George Simmons said:

If you don't get into it, you can always sell your stuff for a fraction of what you paid, instead of having it clutter up your storage space.  :rolleyes:

haha. Not selling anything this year.

Slowly but sure getting back into the groove.  Over the weekend I created the updated visualizer - I'm now using 25 of the 32 channels in my possession (I know, I know - I'm wasting those unused channels, but going from 16 to 25 is still an improvement!).

Then a couple nights ago I reprogrammed my intro clip and most of one song I used last year.  The song still needs some tweaking in spots, but that shouldn't take more than one more night.  If I have the gumption and $$ later in the year, I'll see if I can get my hands on 7 small trees to line the front of the yard, but it's doubtful.

28 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

If I have the gumption and $$ later in the year, I'll see if I can get my hands on 7 small trees to line the front of the yard, but it's doubtful.

Use tomato cages and flip them upside down.  Might have to cut a few of the rings to make it look like a tree, but it's a cheap alternate.  Could also go with Three stick set to look like a triangle and wrap that with lights.

Slowly but sure getting back into the groove.  Over the weekend I created the updated visualizer - I'm now using 25 of the 32 channels in my possession (I know, I know - I'm wasting those unused channels, but going from 16 to 25 is still an improvement!).

Then a couple nights ago I reprogrammed my intro clip and most of one song I used last year.  The song still needs some tweaking in spots, but that shouldn't take more than one more night.  If I have the gumption and $$ later in the year, I'll see if I can get my hands on 7 small trees to line the front of the yard, but it's doubtful.

Always good to have a few spare channels in case one gives you trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, zing said:

Use tomato cages and flip them upside down.  Might have to cut a few of the rings to make it look like a tree, but it's a cheap alternate.  Could also go with Three stick set to look like a triangle and wrap that with lights.

I made some out of chicken wire one year.  Also a cheap way to do it.  I have replaced those, but when funds are tight ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;)

8 minutes ago, 75redman said:

I made some out of chicken wire one year.  Also a cheap way to do it.  I have replaced those, but when funds are tight ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;)

Yeah, I bought tomato cages a couple years ago to make mini trees, but then never did anything with 'em.  No idea where they are now - but I had 10-12 of them.

I'm willing to bet it's not the cost of wire of cages for mini trees (those are fairly cheap) as much as the cost of buying the lights for all those trees.

20 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

I'm willing to bet it's not the cost of wire of cages for mini trees (those are fairly cheap) as much as the cost of buying the lights for all those trees.

Ding ding ding!  I've already made a note to self to set aside my post-Christmas sale budget towards more lights versus just more lighted animals.

• The topic was locked