Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing pixel editor sequences

1983ss454

I started programming my show back in January and had about half my show sequenced. Then we ended up moving and now I'm trying to figure out how I can modify my sequences for my new house. Is there a way to bring the intensity files back into pixel editor to fix this? Wondering what my options are because my house pixels are completely different from what they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to start with the Pixel Editor preview. Can you transform the preview you used for the old house into something that works on the new one? If you can do that, then you can reuse the sequences you have already created. After you have done that, you can generate new intensity files.

Matt

Can that still be done if it was imported from visualizer? How are you supposed to share sequences when you can't modify the intensity files?

On 7/27/2016 at 8:47 AM, 1983ss454 said:

Can that still be done if it was imported from visualizer? How are you supposed to share sequences when you can't modify the intensity files?

If you imported your visualizer into PE then that will need to be modified then re-imported into PE. As for sharing, the intensity files are generated so they can be played in your show. If you wish to share your sequence just send your .lms file and your .lms.pe.lid file and you will be good to go. You may want to send the ,lpe file also if they want to view or modify the sequence.

SPaschall

If you imported your visualizer into PE then that will need to be modified then re-imported into PE. As for sharing, the intensity files are generated so they can be played in your show. If you wish to share your sequence just send your .lms file and your .lms.pe.lid file and you will be good to go. You may want to send the ,lpe file also if they want to view or modify the sequence.

SPaschall

The whole problem is that after you save your intensity files in pixel editor, you remove that programming from the channels in sequence editor to remove those thousands of commands to allow it to run faster. So afterwards the only thing remaining of the for example pixel tree in my yard is the intensity files which can't be brought back into the pixel editor. Now if I import my new visualizer and program my house all the pixel tree data and my 6 foot pixel tree line data from earlier is over written by the next exported intensity files.

Unless I'm completely missing a step. Very possible as the pixel editor is very new to me

If you reopen the lms file in PE that file is still workable. So if you make changes to an exsisting file just save it and a new intensity data file will over write the exsisting one . If you want to save to old one make the changes and then save the new one under a new name.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

If you reopen the lms file in PE that file is still workable. So if you make changes to an exsisting file just save it and a new intensity data file will over write the exsisting one . If you want to save to old one make the changes and then save the new one under a new name.

SPaschall

Ok, so your saying if I open say my "dream of fireflies 2016" lms sequence that already has intensity files in it from before, then I should be able to make changes to the house pixels and not effect the pixel tree sequence that is already saved in the intensity file?

Correct just resave the intensity data file and you are good to go.