Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O Rama Summer Sale?

cmulvey

I'm sorry if I missed the info if already posted but does anyone know when Light O Rama will be having their Summer Sale. I thought it was usually in July but haven't seen nor heard anything?

TIA

They had a few new products at the Expo and said they should be released within a month. Maybe they are waiting for that product so it can be included in the summer sale.

"They had a few new products at the Expo and said they should be released within a month."

Cool!  What new products did they show off?

3 hours ago, EdNetman said:

"They had a few new products at the Expo and said they should be released within a month."

Cool!  What new products did they show off?

Then you should have come! :P:D

Just because I work here please don't treat this as an official LOR  release.  All of this is subject to change, cancellation, or whatever else Dan (the owner) decides to do.  This is what we were telling people at expo.  It's been a couple of weeks.  Things can change :)

We have several new Pixel Controllers coming out, as well as new complete packages of ready to go pixel trees, a new 4 port MP3 director, and inexpensive pixel strings.

Pixie 16, Pixie 4, Pixie 1 are new LOR Pixel Controllers that run LOR protocol.  Each can control up to 100 pixels on a port.  The Pixie 4 is designed to fit in existing LOR CCB/CCP enclosures (which helps reduce their price), and the Pixie 1 is about the size of a business card (maybe even smaller), allowing it to basically be put with the pixel string itself.

Our new Pixel Trees will come as complete kits including banding and pixels.  You will have a choice of controller (PixCon16 or Pixie 16), and it will come mounted in an enclosure with a power supply. We will also be offering (some time in the future) a stainless steel stand - center pole/ring/hookhead.  We were going to have the stands this year as well, however the factory we selected to make them really dropped the ball when it came to quality.  We don't sell crap.  We sent them all back :angry:   

Please don't quote me exactly on these sizes and specs (or costs)->  We will have 2 versions available: an 8' high version that is 16x25 (16 strips by 25 pixels) and one that is 14' (ish - I don't remember exactly) that is 32x50 (32 strips by 50 pixels).  We did have approximate costs for them, but I don't know exactly if that was for expo or not, or if we want to surprise people when we officially announce them.  I can tell you that they will be LOWER in price that what you could build by using CCPs.

We will also start selling the pixel strings - at a price point competitive with others out there in the field now.  These however come with LOR support :) 

The 4 port MP3 director will allow for running up to 4 separate LOR networks concurrently.  This controller is designed from the ground up to use our (some what) new megabit RS485 speed (1000K), which in conjunction with ELOR protocol, as well as our new Pixie devices, brings pixel control to the masses.  

WOW!  This sounds like just what I've been waiting for!

I wish I could have made it, I love Chicago and would have really enjoyed the EXPO.

So Mike, what was your favorite pizza place?  Geno's East? Giordano's? Lou Malnati's?

1 hour ago, EdNetman said:

WOW!  This sounds like just what I've been waiting for!

I wish I could have made it, I love Chicago and would have really enjoyed the EXPO.

So Mike, what was your favorite pizza place?  Geno's East? Giordano's? Lou Malnati's?

We (I) actually didn't make it to any of those, but we did have pizza.  We ordered from a little hole in the wall place near the expo center.  Small enough and old enough that it had to be 'authentic' (which is all I wanted).  It was great.  I think Matt ate 1/2 of a 18" large meat lover whatever they call it  all by himself! :)

1 hour ago, DevMike said:

We (I) actually didn't make it to any of those, but we did have pizza.  We ordered from a little hole in the wall place near the expo center.  Small enough and old enough that it had to be 'authentic' (which is all I wanted).  It was great.  I think Matt ate 1/2 of a 18" large meat lover whatever they call it  all by himself! :)

Yeah, it was called PapaJohns :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Yeah, it was called PapaJohns :P

Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Chicago is amazing and they take their pizza battles are serious as Philly does their cheesteak wars!  Any place you tried was sure to be a winner.

Thanks again for the info, now I'm keeping an eye out for the summer sale.  ;)

• Like 1

I have been coming to this site and following Facebook page almost everyday ever since I found they have a FB page and since I never got an email and missed the spring sale.  I have no hardware yet just lots of lights and this is going to be my first year with having a LOR set up.  I can't wait. Oh and this is my first post to the forums (figured I had to start posting somewhere at some point LOL)

• Like 1

Cool, can't wait to see what the new toys for us from LOR is going to be and pricing.   I may be able to get into LOR RGB yet! :)

16 hours ago, Philzy said:

I have been coming to this site and following Facebook page almost everyday ever since I found they have a FB page and since I never got an email and missed the spring sale.  I have no hardware yet just lots of lights and this is going to be my first year with having a LOR set up.  I can't wait. Oh and this is my first post to the forums (figured I had to start posting somewhere at some point LOL)

We are not on Facebook, (Well, I think we are BUT we do not post anything there or even monitor it).  There is an unofficial LOR facebook group that we have nothing to do with.  Anything posted there is suspect and certainly is not OFFICIAL.  The only official place for LOR information is the LOR website.

There are also people on Facebook who claim to be employees of LOR, or even the owners themselves.  Some people at the company do have Facebook accounts, but they are NEVER used for LOR business.  They are personal only.

We are not on Facebook, (Well, I think we are BUT we do not post anything there or even monitor it).  There is an unofficial LOR facebook group that we have nothing to do with.  Anything posted there is suspect and certainly is not OFFICIAL.  The only official place for LOR information is the LOR website.

There are also people on Facebook who claim to be employees of LOR, or even the owners themselves.  Some people at the company do have Facebook accounts, but they are NEVER used for LOR business.  They are personal only.

That is very strange that you say LOR isn't on Facebook because there is a page (not a group) that says it is you, it even posted about how members of your team will be at the Christmas show the week of July 11th and also posted back in may how the NY office was going to be closed due to utility work and so orders would be delayed. It even talked about the spring sale and it looks like that is when the page got created, this past April. Oh and someone as LOR has answered back to people asking questions about when the summer sale is going to be(well saying that they will not tell us when)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Philzy said:

That is very strange that you say LOR isn't on Facebook because there is a page (not a group) that says it is you, it even posted about how members of your team will be at the Christmas show the week of July 11th and also posted back in may how the NY office was going to be closed due to utility work and so orders would be delayed. It even talked about the spring sale and it looks like that is when the page got created, this past April. Oh and someone as LOR has answered back to people asking questions about when the summer sale is going to be(well saying that they will not tell us when)

Despite Dev Mike seemingly knowing nothing about it, I'd say there's pretty convincing evidence simply due to the fact there's a LOR FB link at the top of this page in the "Home" drop-down menu.

• Like 1

I've been following for a while now too....

7e2e184b6e5aafb4134b28f41ab27ff2.png

It looked legit to me. Here is a reply to a post about an issue with the licenseing database.

724f08d5cb2272f3b2053888900fd295.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been following for a while now too....

7e2e184b6e5aafb4134b28f41ab27ff2.png

It looked legit to me. Here is a reply to a post about an issue with the licenseing database.

724f08d5cb2272f3b2053888900fd295.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good it isn't just me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Whoa!  Now I'm confused and it didn't take much.  So which is it?  Is it an official LOR Facebook page or not that George mentioned and do LOR representatives respond on it?

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

51 minutes ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

Whoa!  Now I'm confused and it didn't take much.  So which is it?  Is it an official LOR Facebook page or not that George mentioned and do LOR representatives respond on it?

This is yet another perk the guys with the gold membership get...jk

• Like 4

File this under 'They don't tell me nuttin!' :( 

I've been told we DO have a facebook page, and I am wrong.  Sorry for the confusion.

Last I knew we did not have a page/group/whatever there.  At the time we were experiencing problems with people claiming to be us, so we took a fairly hard line stance.  Apparently since then someone in the company created the page, and the link is official.

Sorry folks.  My bad.