Light-O-Rama Forums

DIY Tune In Signs

submarine guy

Has anyone made a tune in sign similar to what they sell at holiday coro?  I was looking to make a much better sign in my second year and was hoping to see  some DIY ones before I spend the money on holiday coro's pre made stuff.  Thanks.

This year I have more lead time to work with so I am ordering two signs like this from Staples.com.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/content/copyandprint/lawn-signs.html

I'm not printing on the back side, so $8.99 for the 12"X18" or $13.49 for the 24"X18" (I haven't decided which yet)

I'm going to make my own sign holders using this method:  http://www.johnsonschristmascorner.com/how-to-library/display-sign/

He uses 4" PVC, but I'm going to use something smaller since this is a yard sign, not a archway.  Probably 2" PVC for me.

Then I plan on back lighting the signs using an LED Stake Light for each sign.  I picked those up at Lowes for around $6 each last year.

It's a little more work, but the results will be worth it to me!

Tune In Sign.jpg

Interesting.  Might have to look into that.  I really like this which was the way I was thinking about going. 

345-4T.jpg

• Like 1

Especially since both my neighbors are hooked to my system and I don't want to just say its my families show.

• Like 1

You can print the sign to say "Neighborhood Light Show" or whatever works for you.

It's free form text, so it can say whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! Did you have the sign printed or did you make that part yourself?

6 hours ago, EdNetman said:

That looks great! Did you have the sign printed or did you make that part yourself?

Had it printed, then stuck it to 1/8 plexi, i have to have a new one printed up this year, a local radios station increased their transmitter strength so i lost my radio station.

I am thinking of a sign similar to Jerry's sign using a old flat screen tv.

Cover it and weather proof it but not so much as to not let it have some air circulation so it doesn't get to hot. 

I can run it off my computer as a extra monitor and make power point signs for it etc. show short clips from different Christmas movies/ cartoon clips, etc. and even have the north pole taller 8 to 12 ft. with nice light on the top of it.to help prevent vandalism etc... I can have a camera mounted next to it on the pole for added security.

If my radio station needs changed... easy just change the power point presentation on it. Can also have show dates and times listed on it as I run a couple different shows. early show more for little kids (music selections) and later for older folks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...