Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Clipboard

Lee T.

Brian, I have been working on several Fourth of July, Halloween and Christmas programs using 12 CCRs.  As I add the props to the show, I save many of them to the SuperStar clipboard for possible use in other sequences.  As a result, I am now getting a lot of props in the clipboard in addition to those that came with it.  Is it possible to put the various props in different directories to easily locate them?  It would be nice if I could put all the Christmas props in a Christmas Directory.  Since I have found nothing in the help files concerning this, I would like to suggest consideration be given to being able to make directories in the SS clipboard if this is possible. 

As far as the SuperStar program is concerned, I really enjoy working with it.  So glad I am retired and have the time to do this.  It is easy to use and the results are fantastic.   

Currently superstar only allows you to open clipboard files that are in the Clipboards folder. Being able to put the clipboard files in different directories would be a good feature.

I am currently working on some stuff that needs to be done before the Christmas Expo. I can consider doing it after the Expo.

Thanks for considering this, Brian. 

Good luck with your current project and enjoy the Expo!  Hope you had a great Fourth of July.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Brian,

Any news as to when we might see "folders" in the SuperStar props section?  Just checking.

Also, Happy New Year.  We will be celebrating a little before you tonight!

When you say "props section" are you referring to the clipboard files in the "Load/Save Clipboard" dialog box? Or are you referring to the visualizations that get imported?

• 5 months later...

Brian,  I just downloaded the Beta of SS and discovered that you were able to add folders to the clipboard so that props can be classified by holidays.  Thank you for considering that idea.  Looking forward to the next update.

Lee, What version are you running, and how were you seeing the ability to add folders in the Superstar clipboard?  I just tried it with 4.3.18 (latest version), and can't find it.  I agree it would be nice.

15 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Lee, What version are you running, and how were you seeing the ability to add folders in the Superstar clipboard?  I just tried it with 4.3.18 (latest version), and can't find it.  I agree it would be nice.

Jim~ I think he is talking about the Load/Save clipboard under the "edit" tools.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Jim~ I think he is talking about the Load/Save clipboard under the "edit" tools.

JR

Yes, I understand that, but there is no ability to add folders there - Unless I'm being blind today.

1 minute ago, k6ccc said:

Yes, I understand that, but there is no ability to add folders there - Unless I'm being blind today.

I may be reading to much into this, when I read this I actually have SS running. In the very bottom you can give a clipboard a name and save it to a file. I didn't try it because I'm about ready to head back out. But I am thinking that is what the OP is talking about. 

JR

I also have Superstar running.  You can not enter a folder name in the line at the bottom to give a clipboard file a name.  In the list of saved clip files at the top, it will not display a folder even if you did create one using Windows Explorer.

This is version 4.3.18 (latest version).

Actually he is using a pre-beta version. If you want to try using it send an email to brian@superstarlights.com

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

I also have Superstar running.  You can not enter a folder name in the line at the bottom to give a clipboard file a name.  In the list of saved clip files at the top, it will not display a folder even if you did create one using Windows Explorer.

This is version 4.3.18 (latest version).

Got it, I didn't try it. I entered a name but since I didn't have anything in my clipboard couldn't add it.

Brian explained it though, "pre beta version".

I remember what happened the last time I couldn't see what everyone else could, Brian had to send me a file to add to SS, was thinking that may have been the same possibility for you and the clipboard.

BTW- loved the tree, I added a star. No matter what I do, my tree is only working one side 9 channels. Even after checking the settings in vis time and again. I just don't get why it was so easy to save and modify the sample DMX 16 tree but not working the same on the CCR 16 sample. But you and Bill both gave me 100% functional trees. I made my star easily. I never had a vis problem before. 

Check the 16 CCR sample you are using to see if it has the first 8 CCRs assigned to the regular network, and the last 8 CCRs to Aux A network. Get them all assigned to the network you are using and it should work.

2 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Check the 16 CCR sample you are using to see if it has the first 8 CCRs assigned to the regular network, and the last 8 CCRs to Aux A network. Get them all assigned to the network you are using and it should work.

It actually had the first 9 assigned to regular and 10-14 aux and 15-16 regular. Even after changing everything it would only control 9. Either left or right side. The sample started with unit 1 pixel 1 on left and I changed the order  to right, many times. Shut everything down restarted, no change.

Gave up on the sample, started a thread and Jim and Bill jumped in to help. At some point I accidentally used the incorrect channel config (Bill P discovered that). That happened after the issue with the CCR tree sample, I now permanently deleted the wrong channel config and even after changing over I have not been able to get the CCR sample tree to work.

I had to do the same thing with the DMX sample tree (reassign networks and channels) first time and it was done. I didn't even notice my original tree wasn't working until James and I was talking on the phone as I made the DMX tree. LOL

All is good now. Have 2 working trees and my star.

As for the SS folders, Brian answered the question a few messages above.  I am using a Beta Version of SS that I found in the forums. 

I have now downloaded the beta. Have only had a few minutes to play with it, but expect to spend a while this evening with it. Looking forward to using layers.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, so blame any typos on Android!

Brian, The Layer feature works great!  Thanks!

What does the smooth ramps feature do?  I made a several second ramp from 0 to 100% white and played it back with both the smooth ramps turned on and off.  Not really seeing any difference.

You won't see a big difference, but when using smooth ramps, ramps that are 1 second or longer will fade more slowly. When not using smooth ramps, the fade will fade slowly at first and fade more quickly at the end.