Light-O-Rama Forums

Creating SuperStar Morphs in ROWS Visualization Not Always Possible

Ed K

Creating certain morphs using the ROWS visualization in SuperStar is not possible. I have v.4.3.14 Pro.

In Visualizer, I have all my props forced to a Row/Column in SuperStar's sequencing grid.  Everything works perfectly in SuperStar.

In Visualizer, I also created a "ROWS" visualization file, in addition to the "REAL" visualization file.

I imported the visualization pair (ROWS and REAL) into SS.   I did this under two alternatives to see if it would correct my problem: Use Row for standard effects, and use Real for standard effects.  I also click on the VisEffects radio button in the Morphs Setup window, when I try to create a new morph using the ROWS visualization.

My ROWS visualization has lots of space between fixtures (which is a benefit of creating a ROWS visualization).  However, creating certain new morph effects  is not possible.  Specifically, when I try to put any of the 1a/1b and 2a/2b anchors in any of the dead space (i.e., no pixels) of the ROWS visualization, SS won't put the anchors in those dead spaces.  As a result, I can't create a morph for fixtures that have odd shapes (e.g., triangular-shaped for a roof fixture, with the eave at bottom, peak at top).

I can create a morph for an odd shaped fixture, using the REAL visualization.  I.e., I can put the 1a/1b and 2a/2b anchors in dead space so that the entire fixture can be included in the morph.  But, this does not help me for certain morphs I need, b/c I need to include selected other fixtures in the same morph.

Must a SS morph be anchored to an actual pixel when using the ROWS visualization?  If so, does anyone know how to create a morph for non-rectangular shaped fixtures using the ROWS visualization?

You should be able to put the anchor points of a morph anywhere on the grid. I don't know why it is behaving the way you are describing.

Please email the real, and the row visualizations to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

6 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

You should be able to put the anchor points of a morph anywhere on the grid. I don't know why it is behaving the way you are describing.

I'm able to put the anchor points of a morph anywhere on the SS grid, and I can put them anywhere on SuperStar's REAL visualization.

What I'm not able to do is put the anchor points anywhere on the ROWS visualization.  SS won't put the anchor points in a dead space.  If I put an anchor point near a pixel in the ROWS visualization, SS will attach the anchor point to that pixel on the ROWS visualization.  But, that's not necessarily where I want to be.

Maybe I don't know how to use the ROWS visualization.

Just in case you need them, I will email you my ROWS and REAL visualization files.