Light-O-Rama Forums

Blinking over a background

k6ccc

I suspect the only real answer is layers which a "not yet" feature in SuperStar, but let me ask of I'm missing something.

On my pixel tree, I use what I call my twinkling Christmas tree. Essentially it has all 600 pixels at a 12% green and then random single pixels that come on for one second. Every 0.2 seconds, six pixels come on in one of the primary or secondary colors and stay on for on each second. I have done this for four years. To create this in SuperStar, I have a scene with all 600 pixels at 40% green for the entire five minutes of the sequence, and then an additional one second scene every 0.2 seconds that has one of the seven colors and six random pixels. 0.2 seconds later another scene starts with the next color and six random pixels. When I have completed it, the sequence is exported as a legacy file into a .las file and then in SE, I manually remove the green from every pixel that should not have it under the color blink. Thus is the hard part...

This year, everything will be intensity files, so I lose the ability to edit the extra green out under the blinks. Is there any way I can get the intensity files to be the way I need them to be - I there than the future layer capability?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Hey Jim,

Your question about intensity file modification is something hopefully Brian or others can answer, I have no knowledge but,,,,,,

I do something similar but not edited in SE. Pepper your 40% (I use 10-20%) scene mode where your twinkles will be with off. Create another scene mode for your twinkles that are off - I set the twinkle to white/twinkle. You can then use the group modify pixel move feature (wrap selected) and create a few more for twinkle spots at different locations for seemingly random placement and color of the twinkles on your green background. This way you will twinkle RGBW and black.

anyway, that's what I do, hope it helps.

The solution is not to modify the intensity file (although there are times it might be nice), but rather to be able to create the intensity file with the desired result in the first place.  Take a look at the first part of the video linked below.  You can see what I am doing.  It's not the same pixels every time, and far slower than a "twinkle".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uClNUjMiym8&feature=youtu.be

BTW,the 40% green in SuperStar becomes 12% when exported.

50 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The solution is not to modify the intensity file (although there are times it might be nice), but rather to be able to create the intensity file with the desired result in the first place.  Take a look at the first part of the video linked below.  You can see what I am doing.  It's not the same pixels every time, and far slower than a "twinkle".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uClNUjMiym8&feature=youtu.be

BTW,the 40% green in SuperStar becomes 12% when exported.

I understand, you cant do what you have been doing because it is now an intensity file, you want to do it in SS before export. "in the first place".

The priority feature is something I am looking forward to as well, will make thing so much easier.