Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio File

Grinch

Brian

In the latest version of SuperStar, if I have a saved  sequence on my desktop along with the audio file and try and open the Sup file I get a error (with the correct path specified to the audio file on my desktop) stating that the audio file can not be opened or found.   SO I open the sup file and go back to the desktop and add the audio again and everything is good.  Save the file and the next time I open it I get the same message.  I don't remember this happening in earlier versions.

I am not able to duplicate the bug. Using v4.3.14 I created a sequence and opened an audio file that was on the desktop and then saved the sequence to the desktop. I then shut down superstar, launched superstar and opened the sequence and it found the audio file and loaded the audio file without errors.

Is there something different that I can do that might recreate the bug?

No Thats exactly what I am doing.   Sometimes I am just switching between sequences so I don't shut down SuperStar.  

The exact error message is 

Error: "Failed to Open audio file:

C:\....full path to the audio file.mp3

Defaulting to a sequence length of 300 seconds

Note: If another program is using the audio file, close the program and try opening the audio file again."

I am not using the audio file and once the sequence opens I can add that exact audio file.

Its not a major thing, if I save the audio to the LOR audio directory its not a problem.  I was just wondering. 

I tried it some more and cannot duplicate the problem. Are there any special characters in the path? What operating system are you using? Can you post the full path exactly as it appears in the dialog box?

I would like to remote into your computer and see what is happening. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can set up a day and time.

Jerry72 send me an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can look into the bug you are experiencing as well

On 7/1/2016 at 7:45 PM, BrianBruderer said:

Jerry72 send me an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can look into the bug you are experiencing as well

Just saw yer post Brian, i will send you one when i get home. On the road today.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find anything about this...

Mine frequently doesn't see the audio file and on occasion the viz file, too. In several cases I have had to open the file in Audacity and then simply reserve it and then it found it right away.

For Mr. Grinch the problem had to do with the fact that he runs on a mac and the path to the desktop was confusing the superstar code. But I was able to fix it.

Are you running on a mac?

I am at the Planet Christmas Expo right now. I could set up a time on Monday to remote into your computer and see what is happening. Send an email to brian@superstarlights.com and we can schedule a time to do that.