Light-O-Rama Forums

Long Lag Time

jimswinder

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issues. Funny thing X lights runs flawlessly on the same computer. I'm about ready to give up on the light O Rama software and go another Direction I shouldn't be having this level of frustration with a hobby

On 7/8/2016 at 1:26 PM, BMurray said:

I had opened up a ticket on this issue LAST YEAR and never got a response back. 

What was your ticket number so I can look and see what happened?  We respond to ALL tickets, usually within 24 hours.

EDIT:

Never mind, I found it.  Your ticket was number 612424.  You opened the ticket on 09/03/2015 at 5:09 PM.  At 5:57PM (48 minutes later) we replied.  I am happy to resend that response to you if you like.

I stand corrected...  I don't recall getting it.  It must have fallen into the black hole that my computer was experiencing Damn, that WAS a loooong lag time. Lol

yes, resend the response.

Thanks

I am having this same problem running 4.3.14 Pro.  I had this same issue last year as well but just dealt with it.  Doing anything that modifies channels (editing properties, creating groups, moving channels in a sequence) causes a 20-30 second delay for each action.  The issue is the same under WIndows 7, Windows 10, native, virtualized, old install or fresh install.  The system is a 6-core i7 with 32 gigs of ram and there is no increase in system utilization while the editor is lagging.  Hopefully a solution can be found...

I've had this exact problem for a while now( two different computers). I've tried things that have been posted here and some things I stumbled across. But to no avail I just wait. I'll prob use lor for a this season but will most likely jump ship if things don't get better. Plus the pixel editor is slacking a bit. 

This problem has forced me to use xlights almost exclusively. There was a bit of a learning curve but the more I use it the more impressed I am. It does not have a problem with a large Channel count. I spent a little time importing my LOR sequences into xlights and at this point I'm mad that I spent the money on the LOR software that left me high and dry. When sequence  editor is legging I've checked the resources to find that the CPU has very little load and sequence editor is very slowly loading the memory. I've had the same problem on several different machines running both 7 and 10 but everything I have is running in 64-bit and Lor software is running at 32 bit

• 1 month later...

Has there been any solutions to this long lag time, i'm running 4.2.12 Advanced on Windows 10 brand new laptop only used for sequencing and I get this lag also, and I thought it was just cause I don't know what i'm doing most of the time.

Keith