Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Add-On Fire Sequence

whitebuck

Hello,

I am new and working on my first SS sequence. I am wondering if anyone has a matrix sequence where you have fire burning?

How did you go about that? Would you be willing to share your example?

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the pixel editor ?  You could create that fire effect fairly easy in the pixel editor .

Oh right, I will have to look at importing and see if I can get it into SS.

Note that any channel sequenced in PE, can therefore ONLY be sequenced in PE for that song.  The exception to that is you CAN sequence part of a song in SE, and then import that into PE, and complete the song in PE, then export that as an intensity file.  As an intensity file, you can not edit it in SE  SS gives a little more option because you can export from SS in legacy format which then CAN be edited in SE.

Make sense?

I have "made fire" in SS by drawing images of the flames in various shapes an configurations then randomly flipping through those images to animate it. Worked out quite nicely!

• 4 weeks later...

I know this thread is almost a month old.  Anyhow how big is your Matrix? Are you using 12 ribbons or 24 ribbons? or 12 pixel strings or 24 pixel strings? True you can use the sequence Chris made but that is a 24 string - 50 count per pixel string that makes up that Matrix that is compact into an 8 foot x 4ft Matrix to give better resolution.  However this sequence would look good even on a 24 ccr ribbon Matrix just put the ribbons closer together say 2 or 3 inches apart.    It may look good even on a 12 ccr or 12 smart pixel string Matrix howbeit you would need it to scroll upwards & not stay put like it is in the video because it won't look the same.

I am curious as to how far you got in the Matrix sequence.

Edited by lightzilla

My matrix is pixnode 24 x 48, however I found out after I am into it that my matrix config 1-24 down - 24-48 up 48 - 50, 1 - ... doesn't provide the right organization intended in Superstar like the 24 ccr versions that Chris and Brian have designed.  so I have had to get creative and redo anything bought which is some work. 

So I have contemplated redoing my matrix, but then I have to redo complete sequences. However, I have thought about a second strip matrix, so I may have to do it anyway.  I have 2 sequences done x 2 props in Superstar and working on a 3rd.

I haven't tried fire in Superstar yet.   I was thinking about using Pixel Editor and pasting in the right area.   However, I haven't tried that yet either and haven't figured out if how Sequence Editor works it will import them in a manner to allow that.  I am working on Devil Went Down to Georgia, and I am getting to the spot where I would want to put fire, so looking to try some things soon.

You will not be able to cut and paste from PE. It exports as an intensity format. It will be one uneditible line in the sequence editor once exported from PE.   

You could import your completed sequence into PE and do this. But any element used by PE must not have anything sequenced into it.  Otherwise unknown events will occur....ie lights will not come on or off as you sequenced. 

So you would program everything but your element you want the fire on in either sequence editor or superstar....then import that sequence into PE (if using superstar you would first export from superstar in legacy format,then import into PE). Then program the fire element in PE for the entire sequence. Then export...it will then be a one line uneditible intensity format sequence you can play in your show.

Ok, I have figured it out with the help of another member.  So thanks for the help!

Regards,

Mike.