Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing 50W floods

gmac

Got my 4 floods at the spring sale and have them set up in SE ..........I thought I could sequence them in SE but I found it will take me forever......So I was wondering what others are using to sequence their floods and I have PE but was also wondering if SS might do a better and quicker job

I find them easiest to sequence in SE.

Question, when you set them up, did you set up channels 1,2&3 as a RGB channel?

Edited by Mega Arch

Yes I did ..........Just to clarify what I did......... I have 4 floods and 3 RGB channels per flood

I have (3) floods. I went ahead and added channels 4 and 5 under the RGB channels. So I have 15 channels for (3) floods. I don't use channel 4 "strobe time on", but whatever color is selected in the RGB channel will strobe nicely whenever channel 5 is selected to on. It won't show up in visualizer as a strobe effect yet - but is wicked in real life.

I have 12 CF50D as a las test sequence. How can I export this to my regular lms sequences? I just want to have say track 2 be the 12 CF50d's and just add them to my current 320 channel sequence lms sequence and sequence the CF50D's to the current songs. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

I'm no expert, so hopefully someone will correct my thoughts here.

Initially, I'd say you can't combine them. Just take a few minutes to add the 60 channels needed for the (12) floods.

HOWEVER - I firmly believe you must add them to the bottom of track 1. Then you easily could convert them to group - leaving in existing location. Then move that new group to track 2 for programing if you wish.

• 2 months later...

Every year I add some element (as funds are available) to the show.  This year I added two 50W RGB floods that I bought at the summer sale.  I have been testing them in different places in front of my house to see where they give the best WOW.  Originally I thought, house wash uplighting.  Probably the most common choice.  I may go with garage door downlighting.  My driveway is a double wide of dead blackness during my show.  The pops of garage door color might be cool!  Even though my doors are clay color not white, the 50Watters are super bright.  Anyhow, programming; I added them (the floods) as a 'device below' to one of my sequences then added in two channels below that, for the strobe effects (circuit 4 & 5).  After I did that, and I do this next step every year, I export the channel configuration and save it, then open the next sequence and import the newly saved channel configuration so I do not have to manually add the elements to each of my 77 sequences. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Greetings One and All,

All of the comments above have raised some questions and I hope you have some answers.

1. Does this stand true for the 10w 8 Flood kit also?   (I would think so)

2. i understand the 3 channels RGB,per flood but need a little help on channels 4 & 5, what are they , how do they work etc. Strobe on channel 5?

3.What are the best practices, List the 40 channels  in groups of 5 per flood,  then make sub groups for all Red, all blue etc.

4. So does this falls into the background section?

5. Does anybody have a  "how to" on putting this together, I have lots of Visions of what I want to do BUT need LOTS of help on getting it done.

Thanks to all that respond,

Jack

43 minutes ago, Jack said:

Greetings One and All,

All of the comments above have raised some questions and I hope you have some answers.

1. Does this stand true for the 10w 8 Flood kit also?   (I would think so)

2. i understand the 3 channels RGB,per flood but need a little help on channels 4 & 5, what are they , how do they work etc. Strobe on channel 5?

3.What are the best practices, List the 40 channels  in groups of 5 per flood,  then make sub groups for all Red, all blue etc.

4. So does this falls into the background section?

5. Does anybody have a  "how to" on putting this together, I have lots of Visions of what I want to do BUT need LOTS of help on getting it done.

Thanks to all that respond,

Jack

#1-2 - no.

The 50w cf and uv floods used 5 channels (3=RGB and 4 & 5 are for custom strobing effects) (how long on, how long off,,,).

The 10w floods just use 3 channels (or one RGB channel) per flood and don't have a built in strobe effect. So 24 channels for 8 10w floods.

#3 - sure, that one way people do it

#4 not sure what you mean - put it under whatever works for you

#5 there are several video, heres one from JStorms that might help

• The topic was locked