Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Custom Matrix Size

whitebuck

I am new to Superstar Add-on. Is there a way for me to add a custom matrix size. My matrix is 24 pixels X 48 pixels, how do I go about setting that up? It seems like I am limited to multiples of the CCR folded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. In CCR mode you are limited to a fixed number of different CCR configurations. To do other sizes of layouts you create a visualization of it in the LOR Visualizer and then in SuperStar you click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

There is a video tutorial on this, go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials", the superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Near the end of the list of superstar tutorials are two tutorials on creating and importing a visualization.

Good question. In CCR mode you are limited to a fixed number of different CCR configurations. To do other sizes of layouts you create a visualization of it in the LOR Visualizer and then in SuperStar you click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization"

There is a video tutorial on this, go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Tutorials", the superstar tutorials are near the bottom. Near the end of the list of superstar tutorials are two tutorials on creating and importing a visualization.

Ok, I will take a look at that. I assume I can export from the Pixel Editor and import to Superstar? Am I restricted to the number of CCR robins purchased to export?

Currently, superstar can only import a visualization from the Visualizer, it cannot import from the Pixel Editor.

You are not restricted on the number of ribbons or pixels in the visualization that you import. The ONLY thing the license level restricts is the number of pixels that you can export to the sequence editor. But you can create and save sequences for any number of pixels.

Ok, I will mess around and see what I can come up with.

One last question, I noticed a new version of the lor software.  Do I download and install and it upgrades?, or do I have to uninstall previous version first?

7 hours ago, whitebuck said:

One last question, I noticed a new version of the lor software.  Do I download and install and it upgrades?, or do I have to uninstall previous version first?

Just install over the existing software. No need to un-install the previous version.

Ok, I have another question.  I created my file in visualizer.  I imported it into superstar, and now what I get is brightcapture_001.PNG green lines at the top that appear to represent my matrix, and dull green at the bottom which are clickable, but I am not sure what they do and don't seem to show on the matrix.  I tried to find an explanation, but I am not sure what if anything these do, and whether I can just show the workable area (bright green)

The darker colored squares do nothing. If you want to get ride of them, click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization". In the "Import Visualization" dialog box set the sequencing grid "Max Length" to 24.

But when you do that the grid will get stretched and if you prefer, you can set "Max Length" to a different value.

Also, you can click on the View menu and select "Floathing Windows" and then you can resize the grid to anything you want.

The darker colored squares do nothing. If you want to get ride of them, click on the File menu and select "Import Visualization". In the "Import Visualization" dialog box set the sequencing grid "Max Length" to 24.

But when you do that the grid will get stretched and if you prefer, you can set "Max Length" to a different value.

Also, you can click on the View menu and select "Floathing Windows" and then you can resize the grid to anything you want.

Ok, Thanks, that worked for me.

The Floating Windows didn't work like I understood, but limiting the string length worked well.

Now I tried a spider web and the organization of the fixtures didn't come in organized. I wish I could rearrange them for easier programming.

Thanks

Mike

email the visualization to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.

The visualization file will end with .lee and should be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

I have emailed the file. Please let me know if you have questions.