Light-O-Rama Forums

Deleting the "sup" file from the "lms" file

Lee T.

Not sure if this goes here or in the Sequence Editor but it does involve files from both of them.

I have been practicing exporting the SuperStar Sequencer "sup" files into the Sequence Editor "lms" file.  When you do this, it adds the file to the end of the Sequence Editor page.  How do you delete this file from the bottom of the SE page?  (Hope this make sense.)

You do not want to delete the .sup file because if you ever want to make modifications in the future to the sequence you will need the .sup file or else start over.

The .lms file that you got by exporting the .sup to Sequence Editor can be used as is or you can copy the channels from inside the file and paste them into an existing sequence.  Just make sure you copy and paste to the correct channels.  If you copy the channels out and paste them into an existing sequence you can delete the exported .lms file after you are finished

Are you referring to the light blue line at the bottom of the sequence editor? If so, this line represents the "intensity data" file that was exported. This only happens if you choose to export as intensity data in the "Export to Sequence Editor" dialog box. If you choose "Legacy" then it won't happen.

When exporting as intensity data, it creates a file with the same name as the sequence you have opened in the sequence editor except it adds .sup.lid to the end of the name. So if you delete the file that ends with .sup.lid then you will no longer see the blue line at the bottom of your sequence.

As Mr. Grinch mentioned, be sure not to delete the .sup file because that is the "source" file that superstar uses.

Grinch and Brian, thank you both for your assistance and expertise.  I won't delete the .sup file and by deleting the .lid file I got rid of the practice intensity data file.  The novice is slowly learning new tricks!