Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with idmx1000

djalex9

hello, today present a problem with my idmx1000 , the lights are not receiving DMX signal, the PC recognizes the device but does nothing , I realized that the light of the device is less strong, and I put a transformer 12 v , and they lit normal, but still with the same problem , also will place a dmx amplifier and nothing.

if someone could help me I would appreciate it very much

Is this the first time your using the Idmx.  Are you using a separate power supply for the Idmx

The iDMX is not meant to power any fixture. It is only meant to send the DMX signal. What are you trying to do?

Edited by zman

hi, mr zman, and I have a set of connected lights, so dmx and LOR, worked perfectly, now I have problems that lights connected to dmx do not respond.

I noticed that the light of idmx1000 shimmered very little,

i connect a transformer 12 v, to test if it worked and nothing

the program detects but does not send signal lights

Edited by djalex9

The iDMX ,if just plugged into another controller gets it power from that connection. You should not need to power it separately with a 12v PS.

What is not completely clear, is if you have other LOR controllers that it is plugged into that network. My assumption is yes. So check your CAT 5 cable, or plug the iDMX into a different controller. THat would tell you if there is an issue with the iDMX itself.

Another item to check. Have you added any new fixtures? What happens if you systematically remove fixtures out of the universe? Might it be a problem there?

2 minutes ago, zman said:

The iDMX ,if just plugged into another controller gets it power from that connection. You should not need to power it separately with a 12v PS.

What is not completely clear, is if you have other LOR controllers that it is plugged into that network. My assumption is yes. So check your CAT 5 cable, or plug the iDMX into a different controller. THat would tell you if there is an issue with the iDMX itself.

Another item to check. Have you added any new fixtures? What happens if you systematically remove fixtures out of the universe? Might it be a problem there?

thank for response

1.- the iDMX ,if just plugged into another controller gets it power from that connection. You should not need to power it separately with a 12v PS.

is correct, I use the USB485B and from there to idmx1000.
I put 12v only as a test.

2.- My assumption is yes. So check your CAT 5 cable, or plug the iDMX into a different controller. THat would tell you if there is an issue with the iDMX itself.

yes, from USB485B an RJ45 going to the idmx1000 and the other DMX-512 LOR CONTROLLER, the PC detects the device idmx but not send the signal to the lights, change the RJ45 cable and DMX cable and follows with the same problem

3.- Another item to check. Have you added any new fixtures? What happens if you systematically remove fixtures out of the universe? Might it be a problem there?

remove the device to test it only with a light, and still the problem

apparently the idmx1000 is damage :(

I would say that yes, there is an issue with the iDMX. I would say to open a hardware ticket with LOR, as they can review the device, but seeing that you are not in the US, it may not be cost effective to ship it to them.

On 1/6/2016 at 7:20 PM, Dennis Laff said:

Have you considered replacing it with a DMX dongle ? There only about $50.00 

hello, where I could buy compatible with LOR?

I have very good luck with the ones from Seasonal Entertainment. Or Holiday Coro 

I would suggest looking at a site for an Enttec Pro or Enttec DMX USB.

I don't have personal experience with Seasonal Entertainments DMX Dongle, but have heard nothing negative about it. I know there have been a lot of problems with the Holiday Coro DMX Dongle in the past, but have not heard of any issues recently.

All knock off DMX Dongles say they are "Enttec" compatible or Enttec knock offs. I prefer to stay with the named brand, but that is just my personal preference. You will pay a bit more for an Enttec, but it is the standard that all others aim to be like.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Mark, and would recommend an Enttec Pro if you are not going with the IDMX1000.

One added item here. It is just becoming known on pages and forums that Seasonal Entertainment is getting out of the business. All the more reason to go with Enttec, as it does not focus on the Christmas decorating hobbiest., and has been around for many. many years.

• The topic was locked