Light-O-Rama Forums

New feature request

Ron Boyd

Brian, 

Would it be possible to add a way to move an image up or down or left and right? An example would be to move a group of pixels up or down 1 row. If it's already there, Could you give a bit of instruction as to how to do it?

Thanks,

Ron

You can move them using the preview button and typing in the coordinates for X and Y,  and when you get them where you want just click on modify on image it will save them in the new position.    Only catch  is the entire image moves, so its all or nothing.  

10 hours ago, dougd said:

Group modify will do that I thought.

I don't think Group Modify will work with Images Doug. It will with scenes, morphs and Smooth effects, but not images.

8 hours ago, Grinch said:

You can move them using the preview button and typing in the coordinates for X and Y,  and when you get them where you want just click on modify on image it will save them in the new position.    Only catch  is the entire image moves, so its all or nothing.  

This is what works, but it just moves the image to where you want it to show. I'm wanting to be able to move an image without re-drawing it. Not even sure if it can be done, since images are so different.

Ron, I move images quite a bit. This is what I do.

Select 1 image or multiple images.

Select group modify.

Check box Modify x,y

put values in box for the amounts you want to move.

check the radio button "add as offsets to x,y positions.

This is what has worked for me. Maybe you are trying to do something different.

Yeah Doug, I do that all the time. I would like to be able to move the Image on the Grid, not just the element or prop. If you use scenes or morphs or even smooth effects, you can select

Group Modify-->Move Pixels-->add a value in each box (Such as (-5) for up 5 rows, (5) for down 5 rows. Same way with left and right, minus = left and positive = right. Doing this actually moves the colored boxes on the grid as well as the tree, matrix, etc. Using the x ,y just moves where the image shows on the actual tree or matrix. 

For example, in the following drawings, the top one is the pixels on my garage. Top 10 are pixels in PEX, Bottom 10 are Pixel icicles in Pixel strips. The bottom picture is a new matrix that I'm doing this year. Same amount of pixels, but, there is not a gap between top and bottom. In most of my sequences for 2016, I will be using the Garage pixel effects from last year and adding them to the new matrix. However, if I have 2 images, (top picture), and want to put them on the bottom matrix, I have to redraw the bottom to make it work. I can use the x,y coordinates easily, but I have to do it for every effect that needs changing. Once I get it all done, then I can just copy effects to a clipboard and paste it onto one or the other.

Effect_Page_1_zps1f7cca5b.jpg

Effect_Page_2_zpslwi6x807.jpg

I want to select the entire image on the top picture, bottom 10 rows and move the entire image up one row. this way, it will match the bottom picture and I can copy and paste to either from the other. Otherwise, I have to re-draw the entire bottom image.

Edited by Ron Boyd

For those of you wondering why Brian has not answered this post, He emailed me with the answer to my query.

Ron,

First of all, sorry I haven't answered your question on the forums about moving the position of an image, I can't get the forums to come up on my computer. Do they work for you?

To answer the question, there is not a direct way to move an image in the grid, but there is an indirect way.

1) Add an image to the image list
2) Make the image a part of an Image Action
3) Select "Apply x,y in preview (for animations)"
4) Set some values in the star x,y fields
5) click on the "Modify" button for the Image Action
6) the location of the image in the grid will change
7) Click on the Image "Add" button and the image will get added with the current position on the grid

-Brian Bruderer

I was hoping for a different answer, but, alas, I'll keep doing it the way I have been. Thanks Brian

• 2 months later...

Brian,

On the group modify, can we add a start and end time? I often create a group of effects then want to change the time but have to do each effect separately.