Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing Delay

mattforry

Hello,

I'm am relatively new to the Pixel Editor. I am trying to use the play visible feature. When I hit play visible, the music track plays ahead of the lights shown in the visualizer. I do not have this problem in the Sequence Editor. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Matt.

I was having a similar issue. . . To fix the issue I had to convert all of my songs from MP3 to WMA's. That fixed the problem! Hope this helps!
~Matt

I was having a similar issue. . . To fix the issue I had to convert all of my songs from MP3 to WMA's. That fixed the problem! Hope this helps!

DisneyMatt10,

Converting the file from MP3 to Wave solved my issue.

Thank You!

Matt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I have sequenced an MP3 in Superstar add-on and started doing the remainder of the house in Pixel Editor.  I too am having the same problem.  If I convert to wave, will I lose my sequence and have to redo in Pixel Editor.  Will they sync properly when I go back to Sequence Editor?

• Like 1

On 7/2/2016 at 11:17 AM, whitebuck said:

Ok, so I have sequenced an MP3 in Superstar add-on and started doing the remainder of the house in Pixel Editor.  I too am having the same problem.  If I convert to wave, will I lose my sequence and have to redo in Pixel Editor.  Will they sync properly when I go back to Sequence Editor?

Just like Dennis said just replace the audio and you will be fine. After that if you want to use the mp3 file convert it to 128cbr and re apply it to the sequence and check it out. I usually program all my sequences with a .wav file then use the mp3 for the actual show.

SPaschall

Ok, I am going to have to work this out because I have Superstar programmed to MP3 and pixel editor to wav. I am concerned the timings will be amuck. My first sequence is done and I am ready to put it all together. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitebuck said:

Ok, I am going to have to work this out because I have Superstar programmed to MP3 and pixel editor to wav. I am concerned the timings will be amuck. My first sequence is done and I am ready to put it all together. Wish me luck!

I have no experience with superstar. However, I'd say that you should make sure everything is programmed/sequenced to a WAV media file. Otherwise your timing will most likely be off.

~ Matt

I most have missed they requirement somewhere.

I must have missed the requirement for the file to be a WAV to work somewhere. Sorry for previous typos.

The issue with MP3 files is that they can either be a constant bit rate or a variable bit rate. The advantage of variable bit rate is that the file size is smaller. That is great for cramming more music into your phone or MP3 player. The disadvantage of a variable bit rate file is exactly what you are seeing - playback starting in the middle will not be consistent. Therefore, VBR is useless for OUR purposes.

To use MP3 files with LOR software, the MP3 file MUST be constant bit rate (or CBR). There are several programs out there that will convert a VBR file to CBR format. Many of us (including me) use Audacity for the purpose. It has been recommended here on the forum to use a 128kb/s rate, but I have never had any issue with higher data rates as long as it's constant. Most of my MP3s that I ripped from my CD collection are at 192kb/s rate, and I recall that the MP3s I downloaded from Amazon last year were 256kb/s. Both work fine for LOR work.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

The issue with MP3 files is that they can either be a constant bit rate or a variable bit rate. The advantage of variable bit rate is that the file size is smaller. That is great for cramming more music into your phone or MP3 player. The disadvantage of a variable bit rate file is exactly what you are seeing - playback starting in the middle will not be consistent. Therefore, VBR is useless for OUR purposes.

To use MP3 files with LOR software, the MP3 file MUST be constant bit rate (or CBR). There are several programs out there that will convert a VBR file to CBR format. Many of us (including me) use Audacity for the purpose. It has been recommended here on the forum to use a 128kb/s rate, but I have never had any issue with higher data rates as long as it's constant. Most of my MP3s that I ripped from my CD collection are at 192kb/s rate, and I recall that the MP3s I downloaded from Amazon last year were 256kb/s. Both work fine for LOR work.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Ok, so far, what I have used was from Amazon. It seems to have worked fine for Superstar, but Pixel Editor was my problem. Haven't tried combining everything yet in sequence editor. Working on hooking up my matrix to try it.

Ok, so far, what I have used was from Amazon. It seems to have worked fine for Superstar, but Pixel Editor was my problem. Haven't tried combining everything yet in sequence editor. Working on hooking up my matrix to try it.

I have not used PE much, so I don't really know.

I recently in the past week or so had the same problem with a customers programming. I noticed lag in the programming and reformatted the mp3 to 128cbr and it worked fine in pe and with the se programming. If you use a wav file to program and use an mp3 with a constant bit rate you should be fine. Especially if you are importing the se file timings into pe.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I recently in the past week or so had the same problem with a customers programming. I noticed lag in the programming and reformatted the mp3 to 128cbr and it worked fine in pe and with the se programming. If you use a wav file to program and use an mp3 with a constant bit rate you should be fine. Especially if you are importing the se file timings into pe.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I guess I have to pay better attention because I not really an audio expert and just found the lag when trying to finish the house in PE. Then I used Audacity to export a wave to resolve the concern.

Ok, so now that I have had a chance to look.  I opened the file in audacity and it says project rate is 44100 Hz which I think is what everyone is saying should be 128,000 Hz.   Can I just change the project rate?   How do I make sure that I set the MP3 to the right rate?  What is the best way to do this?  Is there a step by step?

Thanks,

Mike

28 minutes ago, whitebuck said:

Ok, so now that I have had a chance to look.  I opened the file in audacity and it says project rate is 44100 Hz which I think is what everyone is saying should be 128,000 Hz.   Can I just change the project rate?   How do I make sure that I set the MP3 to the right rate?  What is the best way to do this?  Is there a step by step?

Thanks,

Mike

First, before exporting as a mp3 file make sure you have downloaded the lame mp3 encoder ttps://sourceforge.net/projects/lame/files/lame/3.99/

Next, go to file>export audio when you do this there will be a pop up, at the bottom there will be a pull down that says save as type, use the pull down and find mp3, change the bit rate to constant and select 128 as your quality then you are done.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall