Light-O-Rama Forums

Editing Delay

mattforry

28 minutes ago, whitebuck said:

Ok, so now that I have had a chance to look.  I opened the file in audacity and it says project rate is 44100 Hz

44100 KHz which is the normal sample rate for CDs.  Sounds like it is an un-compressed WAV file.

• Like 1

44100 KHz which is the normal sample rate for CDs.  Sounds like it is an un-compressed WAV file.

That was loading the MP3 download from Amazon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44100 is the average sample rate of an mp3, don't worry about that. When editing music files, the main concern is making sure the mp3 is at a constant bit rate. I choose to have mine at 128cbr but I have used some at 192 with no issues.

SPaschall

Ok, I converted the MP3 and it seems ok in a few quick tests. I will play with it more after I finish a Superstar conversion of a sequence for my garage matrix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there everyone im new to the forum but have using LOR  for three years now. i seem to be having similar issues with PE when it comes to time lagging in PE and SE. i have a 41 min continuous track . when i play in PE from beginning the time starts to go off after about 4 min, when i pause and start again it lines up again but then again after few more minutes it goes off again. as long as i stop it and continue from existing its fine. i have sequenced half the track and wanted to test in SE so i can play in real time to test pixel matrix i built in garage and the timing starts to go off  also around 4 min in, and stays off timing for whole track. any ideas what i might be doing wrong? i have used SE for two years and never had this problem. i had the 41 minute track custom made and given to me on a CD and i converted to mp3. and help would be appreciated