Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Visualizer and DMX Prop

Mike H

I'm trying to setup my first DMX prop in the Visualizer and I just can't seem to get it to work.  I'm setting up my first small Arch using DMX in my sequence.  It has 25 pixels for the full arch.  I've got it setup as Universe 6 with the starting pixel as channel 1.  This DMX group is included within my existing regular LOR devices and channels in the same sequence.  I've been trying to create a new prop in the Visualizer that I'm setting up as a DMX arch also set to Universe 6 and the first pixel is channel 1 and each pixel of the 25 pixels in the arch stepping every 3 channels.  When I play my sequence all the regular LOR props are all lighting up but the DMX arch is not lighting.

The initial settings I'm using in the Arch Wizard is:

Size = 50, Number of Segments = 25, Pixels per Segment = 2, DMX Pixels

I've tried with both 25 segments 2 pixels (which 2 is a low as it goes) and with 1 segment and 25 pixels but neither show anything.

Is there something I'm missing in setting up a DMX prop in the visualizer?

What LOR version are you using, and do you have the LOR control panel running?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

20 hours ago, k6ccc said:

What LOR version are you using, and do you have the LOR control panel running?

Jim, I'm on 4.2.12.  And no I wasn't, I forgot about the control panel since I was just doing the development on my main computer and not the one that usually runs the shows.  I just tested it again with the control panel started and that appears to be the problem.  I didn't even think about the control panel being needed just to connect to the Visualizer since the regular AC devices never needed it.

in my last attempt at building the Visualizer arch prop I used the single segment size with 25 pixels.  That seems to work giving me my displays (unless you know a better way in doing it).  I just tried to create two more arches and was a little confused at what the starting pixels should have been.  I thought it would have been in relation to the DMX channels, but appears to be the actual pixel position so my next two arches I set the starting pixels to be 26 and 51 respectively, and everything seems to be working great at least as far as the Visualizer goes.  I hope to move this over to my test box later tonight and will try it out with the actual controller (PixCon16) and one arch (only have 1 constructed so far) to see if it actually works on it.  (I'm basically still just doing a lot of proof of concepts so far just to make sure I know what I'm doing before diving in).

To Dennis' question, they are smart pixels.

Thank you both for responding

50 minutes ago, Mike H said:

Jim, I'm on 4.2.12.  And no I wasn't, I forgot about the control panel since I was just doing the development on my main computer and not the one that usually runs the shows.  I just tested it again with the control panel started and that appears to be the problem.  I didn't even think about the control panel being needed just to connect to the Visualizer since the regular AC devices never needed it.

Yep, new with S4.  Control panel has to be running to control lights or Visualizer.  Glad you got it working.

• The topic was locked