Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy

JMB72

For the past couple of years, I have always bought my lights from Lowes, and Home Deport (NOT martha stewart). I am looking at adding a bunch of more lights before they start stocking them for the season. Where does everyone buy lights from? I am sure it has to be cheaper than going thru the big box stores.

Big box stores after-Christmas clearance is the lowest price you can find anywhere, anytime on low-end lights.

Online vendors, most of whom offer better quality than regular retail stores, offer their greatest savings in early January when they're looking for people to subsudize the cost of their container(s).

Other than scarfing up bargains on used lights when reputable decorators thin their inventory, it's tough to find anything even close to what I would consider a "fair" price this time of year.

@JMB72 I buy all of my lights from Holiday-Light-Express.com.  The lights are high-quality commercial-grade full-wave-rectified.  Unfortunately, as George mentioned, they do their "pre-sale" in January/February so right now their prices are substantially higher.

I have a bunch of new lights for sale (in original boxes).

C-9 Red  25 string   (5 boxes @ 1.25 per box

C-9 Clear 25 string  (6 boxes @ 1.25 per box

C-7 Clear 25 string (25 boxes @ 1.25 per box

Mini Clear 450 string (consists of 3 150 strings) (1 box)  1.50

Mini Clear 350 string (consists of 2 - 175 strings) 11 boxes @ 1.50 per box

Mini Red 100 string (94 boxes @ 1.00 per box)

Mini Green 100 string (90 boxes @ 1.00 per box)

plus actual shipping cost.

Edited by jerrymac
typo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think CDI is having a summer sale.  Looks like they are offering a 25% discount.

www.creativedisplays.com