Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Advise On Strobes

BMurray

I'm planning on adding Strobe Lights to my Halloween and Christmas show this year. I plan on placing them under the eaves of my roof line. My question is: What is the recommended spacing for the strobes and how many would I need to use without having too many or not enough? My lower roof line is 53'

Thanks to all who answer...

I use some that are spaced on 3 ft centers. It's a real nice effect. Of course, each to their own taste. 

I don't believe there even IS such a thing as too many strobes. 

I've been adding between 50 - 100 each year since 2009 and Sharon agrees we still don't have enough.

• Like 1

George,

Where do you buy your strobes from? Manufacturer and part number?

Thanks much!

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

Where do you buy your strobes from? Manufacturer and part number?

These days I buy most of my strobes from DIYLEDExpress.  I agree - get only the U or C tube xenon.  Avoid all others.

Over the years I've bought strobes from almost everyone.  I still do.  That has succeeded in minimizing synchronicity when the strobes are first powered, due to the various sources having slightly different components with slightly different firing rates.

Until now, I've been adamant about avoiding LED strobes.  Basically, they suck.  No "POP", just a meek little light blinking on and off mocking the money you spent thinking you were getting something better.  However, Darryl at ChristmasLightShow.com has LED models with many diodes arranged on two different levels that are very bright and look amazingly good.  I've bought a few and so far I like them a lot.