Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Demo

Xmas newbie

I purchased 8 CCP and the S4 license which came with the Superstar Demo. Working on my mega tree (this is my first year) and can't figure out why my superstar sequencer won't load. Going to purchase Superstar but need to know am I upgrading or is this an additional/optional purchase? Am I going to have to upgrade my S4 license as well? Bought the basic plus but it's my own fault for not doing all the research I should've. Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superstar is an add-on to S4 so you will have to purchase that separately.

As far as your S4 license, since you are using the CCPs I would highly recommend that you upgrade your license. You have 8 CCPs and basic plus only allows four controllers. You could upgrade to pro and have access to pixel editor which you could use for your CCPs plus it is unlimited so it is future proof if you add anything.

You can upgrade to S4 Pro and use the Pixel Editor for a few months and if you feel like you still want to purchase the Superstar add on then it will renew your S4 license when you purchase it.

I think I got that straight, all these licenses gets a little confusing :wacko:

Here are the levels for comparison:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-suite-levels/

Edited by Mr. P
  • Like 1

Xmass newbie

What is the version of your S4? I could not find it on the forum, but I recall people having this issue because there was a bug in one of the later versions that effected loading of SS on computers that had never had LOR on them before.

Perhaps LOR ADMIN will ping Brian or move this thread to SS because the demo should load no problem. If not, maybe open a thread in Superstar or a LOR Help ticket.

• Like 1

I have S4 version 4.3. The demo doesn't load unless I open a specific file in Superstar.

I thought I replied back to you, sorry...

So SS does open but not with the control panel, huh? Yeah, what I would do is open a thread in Superstar and post your question there. It will grab the attention of Brian who can help.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've finally gotten permission from "The Boss"/wife to upgrade my license to advanced and purchase SS. Hopefully I'm not too overwhelmed. Any tips or tricks for using superstar?

Watch the videos. It won't make sense for a while then you have an AhHa moment and then it will start gelling.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk

• Like 1