Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when opening audio in Super Star...

Milwaukee..Chip

Getting the following error when I try to open an audio file in Super Star.... any ideas why or how to fix? 

Error: Failed to open file

C: Users\Chip\Documents\Light-o-rama\superstar\clipboards\theme16.scb

This was after upgrade to version 4.2.12

any help greatly appreciated.  

Not sure why that error would happen when opening an audio file. The theme files are used when creating an instant sequence. Sometimes the above error happens when attempting instant sequence on a computer with a new installation of superstar. The theme files get installed the first time you launch the Sequence Editor after an install. Normally, after an install, when you launch the Sequence Editor it will ask you where you want the Light-O-Rama folder to be, after specifying where you want the lightorama folder, it installs the theme files.

So first try launching the Sequence Editor, if it does not ask where you want your Light-O-Rama folder, then you can run LORPost.exe which will force the system to ask where you want the lightorama folder. Look for LORPost.exe in one of the following two places:

c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\LORPost.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\LORPost.exe

Double click on LORPost.exe to run it.

If that does not fix the problem let me know.

No when I try to open a audio file this is the error I get once it starts to sequence it. 

Thinking maybe doing a clean reinstall of software,  seems like directories are missing.,