Light-O-Rama Forums

What happened to the Twinkle FS thread?

Dcroc

CBT16 FS thread closed due to complaints?  What happened? I bought a controller from this guy, but haven't gotten it yet.  Anybody know what's going on?

I'm sure it's been stated before, but it probably needs said again. NEVER send money via PayPal as friends/family to a new member. If the deal is just too good to resist, offer to pay the PayPal fees associated with shipping goods - that way you're protected. 

The people associated with this hobby are almost always very kind and honest, but you still can't ignore the basics. 

I wouldn't send "friends/family" under any conditions.   I filed a claim, because I am now paranoid, but can't seem to find any info on what happened here?

Thank you to the Admins.  Other sites I belong to have a strict policy of NOT getting involved in ANY WAY with FS listings, and/or problems that arise. I understand their position, but highly respect yours. At least I got enough info from the admins to know there is a problem. I understand that you guys have SO much more to focus on, and greatly appreciate you taking the time to close the thread, and respond. Despite this bad apple, this is still one of the greatest forums I have ever belonged to, and has the best Admins. One bad apple does not change the fact that this hobby, from top to bottom, has the greatest people in it,

Now.......SOMEONE GET A ROPE!!!

Edited by Dcroc

I was looking at that sale and I was leary basically because he just joined and wants to sell. for that reason I stayed away.

That is why I only bought 1.  If I got the one I bought, I was gonna take the rest of the V2's.  He also didn't post pics after asked.  There were red flags. I still haven't gotten any details on why anyone thinks there is a problem It's only been a week since he said he was shipping mine out. Not taking chances, though. Filed a claim as soon as I saw the thread was locked.

Just got a refund from PP.  Shame this didn't pan out. Great price. Should have known it was too good to be true. I hope everyone gets their money back. I'm actually more upset that I still have to find 2 more controllers before October at a reasonable price.

What concerned me is what he said in his initial post about a friend telling him about this place. It's hard to believe that someone with that much LOR equipment doesn't know about this forum! That was a big red flag for me.

Mike

• Like 1

As you all know Light-O-Rama does not get involved with sales of equipment between users.

As you also know, (or if you don't, you're about to) I don't work for LOR. The following advice does not come from Light-O-Rama, but from someone who has gathered and been forwarded a lot of information.

I would highly suggest anyone who has paid this person to file a complaint with PayPal, now.

I was interested in his controllers, but there were too many red flags so I didn't send any money...

3 hours ago, LORAdmin said:

As you all know Light-O-Rama does not get involved with sales of equipment between users.

As you also know, (or if you don't, you're about to) I don't work for LOR. The following advice does not come from Light-O-Rama, but from someone who has gathered and been forwarded a lot of information.

I would highly suggest anyone who has paid this person to file a complaint with PayPal, now.

Actually, I didn't know that.  Guess my post praising the Admins was not exactly spot on.

3 hours ago, greenie95125 said:

What concerned me is what he said in his initial post about a friend telling him about this place. It's hard to believe that someone with that much LOR equipment doesn't know about this forum! That was a big red flag for me.

Mike

That was the big one for me, and why I only purchased 1.  I also made sure I paid with PP Credit, which ads another level of protection.

• The topic was locked