Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP config question

redsea300

Ok here is what I am doing. First year with these. I am going to do 8 Mini trees. So 4 controllers, Half of each controller for each tree. So 50 bulbs for each tree.
I want to run them as dumb RGB . What is the best way to set them up in the visualizer and also Hardware utility. I set up my Vis and just realized I have it set up as smart RGB unit 1B Cir 1 thru 24 (all 8 trees.) I just got my CCP's when I was testing it, it is only using 8 pixels for all 8 trees. I want the first 50 bulbs tree one the second 50 bulbs for tree 2

Thanks in adavace

Don C.

Kinda wasting the capabilities of CCPs the way you're using them - could have used dumb devices with one CMB24D instead.  However you have them, so here's how to use them.
There are a couple ways to set them up depending on what you want to do.  The best way would be to set them up in Visualizer as a string of 50 pixels and shape the string into that of a tree shape.  Set the strings to whatever actual addresses you will be using.  This will accurately reflect what you have and will work both for watching the sequence play to Visualizer, and also to use for a layout source for SuperStar (and I believe PE).  Since you are using them to behave like dumb strings, you could create them in Visualizer as a single pixel for each tree.  In SE, you would create the 50 pixels for each tree and simply use the copy multiple to get your desired effect to run on all 50 channels.  This would play into visualizer just fine, but would NOT work as a layout source for SS or PE.

In HU, set the unit IDs to whatever you want them to be.  You can use Normal or Dual Normal Unit ID mode - depending on your preferences.

Maybe I should just buy the cmd24 and dumb rgb pixels. Then I will,use the four ccp I have for my arches.

So who sells dumb rgb pixels. I am assuming Ray . Would rather get them here not overseas .

So who sells dumb rgb pixels. I am assuming Ray . Would rather get them here not overseas .

Check DIY LED Express and EBay for US sellers.

You can get it much cheaper from Ray in Shenzhen though, and chances are that's where the DIY LED Express and HolidayCoro ones come from.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked