Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot rotate/resize line connected prop

asl9622

Hey ladies and gentlemen,

I am trying to learn the pixel editor application. First off does anyone recommend a particular video tutorial for this program? Secondly I have created a line connected prop to outline my roof. I was able to do the effects generator and place them where I want. However I cannot rotate the line nor can I resize it. Any ideas? And please suggest any better props for just doing straight lines if the line connected is not the best choice.

in the pixel editor preview click on the prop it should turn yellow with red boxes around it, click on a red box and drag it to the size you want there also will be a handle ,click  on that and rotate prop

Edited by Dennis Laff

I am in the same boat. I got to the drop down and chick on modify, the preview brings up the 4 boxes at the corners and the circle ( to rotate) however when I move to any of the squares or to the circle to rotate and check on them, it reverts back to the preview and all the squares and circle goes away. I have the latest video driver for my window 7 laptop. On my show machine, everything works fine. I have reloaded LOR twice on the laptop, and that didn't work. I didn't do a reg. swipe. Don't know if that is what I need to do.

For straight lines I use the horizontal matrix and change it to one strand. It can easily be moved and shifted at that point. As for tutorials, LOR has some on their page and I created some myself, here is the first of three that I made a couple of months back.

SPaschall

Edited by SPaschall

14 hours ago, indi said:

I am in the same boat. I got to the drop down and chick on modify, the preview brings up the 4 boxes at the corners and the circle ( to rotate) however when I move to any of the squares or to the circle to rotate and check on them, it reverts back to the preview and all the squares and circle goes away. I have the latest video driver for my window 7 laptop. On my show machine, everything works fine. I have reloaded LOR twice on the laptop, and that didn't work. I didn't do a reg. swipe. Don't know if that is what I need to do.

Thank you everyone for the replies. You are explaining exactly what happens to me. I can click it but when I go to rotate it release back to preview. I did not even think about trying on my power PC. I am using a pretty old laptop to create. Wonder if issue with the laptop.

9 hours ago, SPaschall said:

For straight lines I use the horizontal matrix and change it to one strand. It can easily be moved and shifted at that point. As for tutorials, LOR has some on their page and I created some myself, here is the first of three that I made a couple of months back.

SPaschall

Thanks for the idea on matrix one line. I will check out the video again. I watched part two as well. 

I switched computers and can resize with no issues. Must be the old laptop I am using and some graphic or touch pad errors. I will try a portable mouse.

The open gl is usually a culprit. If you can update the video drivers that may help. Either way glad you found a fix.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, SPaschall said:

The open gl is usually a culprit. If you can update the video drivers that may help. Either way glad you found a fix.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

That is what I think the issue is. It is an older express chipset. I think the open gl is new enough to run the program but not high enough to set custom background or resize.

• Like 1