Light-O-Rama Forums

Matrix Border

jerry72

Ok, how do i go about making the lights go around the border of the Matrix? I want it to look as though it is circling the entire matrix.

I usually use Morphs and just select the outside pixel or two - starting in corner "1" run the morph to corner "2" - then a new morph from 2 to 3, a new one from 3 to 4, a new one from 4 to 1...you can adjust the head size as to how many pixels wide to make the chase. Then you can adjust the speed of the movement with the length of the morph across the timeline. You can also make it seem like the is more going on by playing around with the length and style of the morph's tail so that the outside borders of the Matrix always have something going on.

Each of us probably has their own way of doing it - and you might find combining more than one method its even better for you!

Good luck!

11 hours ago, jerry72 said:

Ok, how do i go about making the lights go around the border of the Matrix? I want it to look as though it is circling the entire matrix.

See if this is what you're looking to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq3dtp8ee1dov67/AABWmwHKbxXKb15gSob58dS4a?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same general question, and just downloaded Ron's sequence.  Hope that was Ok.  It solves the issue perfectly, and is easy to expand and change colors.

Thanks for posting it.