Light-O-Rama Forums

VU wizard

debtoews

Im trying to sequence a song that has an intermittent beat and Im guess the VU wizard is best to do that with? Ive never used it before.  Im trying to sequence Winter Wonderland/Here comes Santa Claus by Snoop Dog...my brain just wont let me tap it out..anyone out there with any suggestions?  thanks!

PS-  running S4

Edited by debtoews

Are you trying to use the VU Wizard to create timings or to turn on channels based on levels?  I have never done the former, but did use it for the later a couple years ago.

did you try to anayze your timing in Audacity and then put them in your seq to see how it looked that way to?

it is a very good way to get timings as well as other things 

Well, I just fired up a new sequence and tried it.  It will create timings, and the wizard seemed reasonably easy.  Don't know how well it works....

Go play with it and see what works for you.

Maybe SpEx will be useful for you.   It does not create timings, it creates completed effects based on the frequency ranges it hears.  You say what kind of prop it goes on.  It can be regular strings or RGB.

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 1

Nah     not that hard.  I know you could do it.    If you change your mind or are even curious I will do a web meeting with you to show you on your own config.   Or if you like,  send me your .lms and I will generate an effect for you perfectly timed to the audio.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Nah     not that hard.  I know you could do it.    If you change your mind or are even curious I will do a web meeting with you to show you on your own config.   Or if you like,  send me your .lms and I will generate an effect for you perfectly timed to the audio.  

Deb, Take Bob up on his gracious offer. 

His work is always spot on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Bob if you are willing to in-service me that would be great!  Contact me via email at debtoews@comcast.net and we can coordinate it- Im in California so not sure if we have a time difference.  Thanks so much!

This looks cool Bob. Any chance of getting a multiuser web meeting going? I am interested in SPEX :)

• Like 1

just wondering Bob, Does it work with reg mini light strings/channels or just with ccr/pixels?

oops reread slower... you answered my question already....lol

Edited by Old Sarge

Yes    OS     here is another rambling video about that.        I will do as many webcasts as I am able and needed  private or group.    Today Sat and tomorrow  I have a lot of kids events but might be able to in the evenings.  

Please anyone who wants to participate get  teamviewer (free at teamviewer.com)  set up on your computer and test your microphone and optional vid cam if you want.      

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Seeing how it's short notice and you are busy this weekend. Let's see about locking down a date maybe next weekend?? What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to follow back up to see if this "class" will still happen.

Greg

yes I will do it!    Last weekend my wife went on a trip leaving me in charge of the kids.   Does everyone interested have teamviewer installed?

Bob I have TeamViewer 9.0. I would like to see your demonstration of your software.

Sent from my _ _ _ _ using Tapatalk