Light-O-Rama Forums

SharpIn tool release. Change the animation perspective of your pixel tree

ItsMeBobO

This is the first public release.   There will be questions and issues which you may post here or email me.  My email is in my profile.  

Send me a link to your .lee and background image if you have an need for support or report a problem.  Thanks.

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2016/SharpIn.exe

I wish I knew how to embed the video links!  

https://vimeo.com/162285815 

https://vimeo.com/162290911

https://vimeo.com/162299751

1 hour ago, saxon said:

Bob, I have beta 7. If what you have is newer still, please email me the newest. 

The download link to the newest version is in the first post.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 1.0.7 has been released.             Bug fix:  In certain circumstances the order of pixels in a realigned arc or circle was getting flipped from clockwise to counter-clockwise.   

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.0.8 has been released.      Bug fix:  The sort order of dumb string props was changed to the name of the fixture.  

Edited by ItsMeBobO

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bob!  In fact I made use of SharpIn yesterday.  Made very fast work of cleaning up a single string of pixels when I discovered that I had drawn (and sequenced) a string with 38 pixels, when in fact there will be 39 pixels.  Added the 39th pixel to both visualizations (real and row), and used SharpIn to changing the spacing to make it all pretty again.  Fortunately for me, because of where it was and how it was used, revising nine sequences only took about three minutes each.

I have downloaded the new version...

Thanks again!

I missed this thread until k6ccc posted in it yesterday.

Very nice program, after watching your videos, it was easy to "fix" all my ugly props ;) I use Google Sketchup to draw a background so I could place the pixels exactly where I wanted them or so that was the thought, I always flinched at some point and the circles were off or other pixels misaligned, etc... Your program is an easy fix for those issues, Thank you for writing and sharing this. It is a handy program to have in the lighting toolbox.

Alan...

On 9/26/2016 at 7:53 PM, default said:

I missed this thread until k6ccc posted in it yesterday.

Very nice program, after watching your videos, it was easy to "fix" all my ugly props ;) I use Google Sketchup to draw a background so I could place the pixels exactly where I wanted them or so that was the thought, I always flinched at some point and the circles were off or other pixels misaligned, etc... Your program is an easy fix for those issues, Thank you for writing and sharing this. It is a handy program to have in the lighting toolbox.

Alan...

Thanks Alan.    If you have before and after SharpIn-ing images to share that might be interesting to see. 

On 9/27/2016 at 7:05 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

If you have before and after SharpIn-ing images to share that might be interesting to see. 

heh, I had already changed all my current .lee files and had to go back into my back ups for the before picture. Thanks again program works great! - easy to use. Changed the pixel colors to green to make it easier to see.

Alan...

before

before.png

after

after.png

I am waiting for some pixels from the summer sale, I keep thinking of other props I might build. This program makes it much easier and quicker to just slap some pixels willy-nilly on the screen in Visualizer, then go and clean them up in SharpIn. This allows me to create an assortment of "possible" props without spending a lot of time on them.

Alan...

Thanks Alan for the B/A !       Thanks to someone who sent me their .lee giving me examples of things which needed to be corrected. 

SharpIn version 1.0.11 has been released.      

Bug fix:  Fixtures with drawpoints > 99 were showing only two digits of the number

Bug fix:  Channels which were set to use multi-color special type were being shown in white now show the selected color sequence. 

12 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

SharpIn version 1.0.11 has been released.      

I'm trying to download this version.  The download works, but Windows XP reports that it is not a valid Win32 application.

I just tried 1.0.9 with the same result.  Can't say that I've ever tried Sharpin on an XP computer before now.  Is it a 64 bit required application?

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I just tried 1.0.9 with the same result.  Can't say that I've ever tried Sharpin on an XP computer before now.  Is it a 64 bit required application?

Jim  are you saying your prior uses of SharpIn were on XP machine and now it stopped working?   Have you tried it on other OS?

No XP in my house but I have a Vista and I found this program does not load the .lee on vista.   This box does have the latest dot net framework.