Light-O-Rama Forums

Grab Bag Sale - Hey my order was successful

Dave Pursel

1 minute ago, Dave Pursel said:

Just what I need - two more controllers.  Does this ever end???

This is the hobby that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friend.
Someone started doing it a long long ago
And they say the only think you need to know is ....

This is the hobby that never ends.
It just goes on and on my friend.
Someone started doing it a long long ago
And they say the only think you need to know is ....

And you Don, my friend that I've never met in person, are partly the reason why.  For without the brains and experience guys like you bring to the party, guys like me wouldn't be buying more controllers.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dave Pursel said:

Does this ever end???

No... No it doesn't.

Every time you think "Eh, I'm good. I don't need any more controllers, or lights, or pixels, or songs, or..." your wrong. 

I told myself since this was my first year starting out I was going to go easy, only do one controller, and just regular LED lights... Well, now I'm up to 4 controllers, and more RGB Strips than I care to count! 

It's addicting.

~Matt

22 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

I told myself since this was my first year starting out I was going to go easy, only do one controller, and just regular LED lights... Well, now I'm up to 4 controllers, and more RGB Strips than I care to count! 

It's addicting.

~Matt

Ahh ya. I was just going to dip my feet in to test the RGB water with 6 simple arches....I'm now at 40,000 channels RGB and haven't re-done my tree or star yet....Oh ya, and now 64 AC channels. Gonna be bright this year!  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The worst part about it is that the need to grow appears in two ways:

- You buy more lights, find a way to use them, so you need more controllers.

- You buy an extra controller, then you realize that you could USE those channels and then you need to buy more lights.

-Scott

• Like 3

My first year I was going to start off with 2 controllers.  Was sequencing and found out I needed more to do what I wanted.(arches and trees are channel eaters)  Also found "deals" on this forum for more and more controllers.  By the time christmas came I was up to using 12 controllers, had another 6 but ran out of time to build and to sequence.  This year I may be up to 22 controllers, just know you will never be "finished" buying them no matter if you use traditional lights or rib's.

• The topic was locked