Light-O-Rama Forums

Owning the LOR Spring Sale -- Like a Boss

jstorms

Things disappear FAST during the spring sale. If you screw up your checkout, or you don't go to the right link you may end up without the cool stuff you were planning on buying.

Looks like the sale is going to be April 8th.

If you want to see what you are going to be dealing with here is my video from last year I made of myself owning the spring LOR sale. Note, I did a good job hiding my credit card number, but it was stolen by someone else so it is different now anyways.

• Like 1

Owning it like a Boss shouldn't make your voice go falsetto! This makes me chuckle every time.

Thanks for the video.  

CYA is an essential act for many of us when it comes to vendor sales.

I've found it's way better to get out ahead of the discussion by copping to some stuff right up front.  (I think it also helps to include one big item.)  But I always make sure to end the cop-out list BEFORE her eyes start to glaze over.  I can't think of a single time I've ever been asked "is there more?". 

If she's not going to remember everything anyway, giving her fewer items to remember is actually a kind thing to do if you think about it long enough.

7 hours ago, George Simmons said:

CYA is an essential act for many of us when it comes to vendor sales....

... If she's not going to remember everything anyway, giving her fewer items to remember is actually a kind thing to do if you think about it long enough.

outta likes by 7:00 am....

So just re-quoting. 

• Like 2

24 HOURS 'TILL SALE!!

And I'm not using Paypal this year. Just like John says in his training video - Paypal has some problems sometimes... Really bopped me last year where I missed out. 20 mins after everything was sold out, I receive (8) $900 charge emails. Freaked me out. Even at sale pricing, my wife wouldn't have seen the humor. Opened Help Desk ticket - LOR didn't see any of the attempts. Paypal blocked it so bad... Had to wait 'til Summer Sale.... So :

I just started my cart and added the non-sale priced items. Alarm clock is set. Backup alarm clock is set. Canceled dinner plans for tomorrow's weekly eat-out. She knows I'm gonna be sick....

Good luck everyone....

I'm so excited!  Our budget for Xmas stuff in 2016 was $0.00, but my husband just said I could go ahead and get another 16 channel controller during the sale!  WOOT!!

So. Happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaynee said:

I'm so excited!  Our budget for Xmas stuff in 2016 was $0.00, but my husband just said I could go ahead and get another 16 channel controller during the sale!  WOOT!!

So. Happy.

They sell out in about 5 minutes. 

Set your alarm - now. 

Good luck. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

They sell out in about 5 minutes. 

Set your alarm - now. 

Good luck. 

I'm ready!

• The topic was locked