Light-O-Rama Forums

Snoopy's Christmas

gsmith37064

I have had this sequence done for a while. Then decided to add the singing face to it from holidaysequences.com. The animation did not match up with my song so i went ahead and bought the remastered mp3 version from Amazon.

Now the animation for the face matches up to the new song but not my sequence. Which was expected.

Both songs are 3:09 in length and i can tell a difference in the beginning with the explosions. When they remaster a song... does it change the timing of the voice? Do they extended or remove silence?

Have you verified that the MP3 are set to CBR (Constant Bit Rate) when sequencing or when comparing versions it could have an effect things lining up.

It was the recommended MP3 listed from their site so i thought it would be fine. I have only had 1 other MP3 do this.

The old MP3 is 248 kbps

The new MP3 is 192 kbps

I am using a program called SPEK to get the CBR. http://spek.cc/

Do you think that is enough to make the sequence to he off?

The left side is the NEW mp3 and the right is the old.

1.JPG

Edited by gsmith37064

CBR will cause timing issues.  There can be differences between MP3 and Wav and your screen shot shows a MP3 and a M4a file comparison.  I have not used Spek, I  have used Audacity which is real common around here. I am not saying its the software or the file, but a good comparison would be to convert your original file (renamed of course) to the same setting (192 kbps and CBR) as the new MP3 file.   Then reload it into your original sequence and test to see if it changes. 

Will do... Here's to hoping i don't have to redo it as i like it the way it is :)

Still off... the first minute looked pretty good and i got excited... then it went south.

It looks like i may be able to skew the different lines of the voice now. So i think it's better.

Based on your description, and the fact that your original audio,( after converting to 192 and CBR) did not line up with your original sequence  tells you that audio settings in the file is the difference between the two files.  The original sequence would not change, just the way the original audio lined up.  You have to make sure when you sequence you use the same audio file settings, per LOR they prefer CBR 128 kbps.   Sorry this causes extra work

If i did not like the CCR sequence for this song so much i would just scrap it. But I have the sequence rough draft working. Now to clean it up this weekend. To be honest i doubt people will notice the house much with the CCR tree going... I am not even sure if they will notice the face singing. But either way i am looking forward to it. :)

Thanks Grinch for the information on CBR.

With Grinch's help i was able to get it going with the face. Still a work in progress but getting there.

• Like 1