Light-O-Rama Forums

Selecting a complete row

Rod Pauley

Other than click and drag is there a way to select a complete row to the end?  Have to do this a lot after using Instant Sequence (which I love) to change pixels for an entire row to match my display. Seems like doing an Ctrl click drag does work OK except I get half way through the song and forget to hit the Ctrl button...... I do not want to select all right just want to select all right in one row. 

Also something that might be nice in Instant Sequence is a way to select more than just 5 pixels....... I.E. I have a roof line that is 200 pixel long and if I could just enter in how many pixel it would make programming a lot simpler. Thank You

Right click "select Row" works for Sequence Editor........ I am looking for the same thing  in SuperStar

As you say, currently there is not way to select an entire row in superstar. I have had requests for this before, and it would not be hard to do. I'll see if I can get that in there.

The variable number of pixel thing would be harder to do.

Yes being able to select an entire row would be nice.  Would give more options especially when it comes to removing effects or adding.  For example some 12 strip pixel tree sequences that you can purchase usually have the star included on row 1.  But I'm using a pixel star so it's pretty much useless for me and I have to go and manually delete the entire row.....brutal.

I have added the ability to select rows of effects. You can get the version with this change in it by doing the following:

1) Shut down SuperStar

2) Look for SSEdit.exe. It will be in one of the following two places:

c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\SSEdit.exe

3) Rename it to something like SSEdit_original.exe

4) Use the link below to get the new SSEdit.exe and copy it to the same place where you renamed the original SSEdit.exe

http://superstar.synchronizedchristmas.com/SSEdit.exe

5) Launch SuperStar. If you have done everything correctly, it will say v0.1604.1 in the title bar in the upper left of the program.

6) Test the new feature

Do a right mouse click on the time layers and a menu will pop up that allows you to select all the effects on the row you clicked on. You can also to a right mouse drag and select more than one row and select all the effects on the row. If you do Ctrl + right mouse click or Ctrl = right mouse drag then it will toggle the selections for the row(s).

In addition to "select all" the menu has options to "select all left" and "select all right"