Light-O-Rama Forums

When is the sale?

jstorms

No one knows for sure until the announcement comes out. But here are the dates for the past few years.

2015 = April 7th;

2014 = April 2nd;

2013 = April 1st;

2012 = March 29th;

2011 = March 23rd;

2010 = Feb 27th.

(From Dan B. ... Thanks for the history. I can't believe I had a sale on April Fools day... In any case this year it is April 8)

Edited by LightORamaDan
Clarification

Do the gold and platinum members still get advance notice  plus an extra 5 to 10% off? I liked that last year

Don't be starting rumors again! I think they delay the sale a week every time someone says there is a membership discount and I'm anxious to getting new toys.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

Sorry. They probably put me on super secret probation:ph34r:

double super secret probation!

• 2 weeks later...

The chants among the minions are starting to grow ...

We want the sale!

We want the sale!

We want the sale!

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 3:23 PM, Ebuechner said:

Do the gold and platinum members still get advance notice  plus an extra 5 to 10% off? I liked that last year

11% for Platinum members + a coupon for a loaf of bread and 4.5% for gold members.

I've already started rising before dawn each day with a breakfast of raw eggs followed by a heavy regiment of mouse finger exercises to get to peak world champion spring sale condition.  

20 hours ago, Bizywk said:

I've already started rising before dawn each day with a breakfast of raw eggs followed by a heavy regiment of mouse finger exercises to get to peak world champion spring sale condition.  

I hope those aren't PENGUIN eggs!

Does that mean that that notifications are going to be via #$%^& facebook instead of E-Mail, or does it mean that Dan is on facebook telling people to sign up for the E-Mail notifications?

Hi Guys, 

The sale is this Friday, April 8th 9:00PM EDT. 

To answer folks that have put in a ticket or called LOR complaining that the gold and platinum member sale preference is not fair, well we have no such thing. Everyone is treated the same. 

The only way to join the email list is on the www.lightorama.com website. 

We will be sending an email out tonight with more detail. If you are planning on getting something at the sale remember to be quick! 

Best regards,

Dan 

On 4/3/2016 at 9:18 PM, Mega Arch said:

Dan says sign up for email notifications now on Facebook. Info coming soon. 

Dan who? ;)  That must be a different Dan...  I don't do much on Facebook (except a little family stuff). 

What are the hot items this year that people are looking for?

Last year was the 8 pack RGB floods. Hopefully they'll be back for this sale, as I would like to grab some.

For me, I'm looking for a 3rd Generation 16 channel AC controller and optionally the new 4 channel AC controller to replace the last of my controllers that can't run on an enhanced network.  That will allow me to run EVERYTHING from intensity files generated from SuperStar.  If I can't get the 4 channel controller, I can live with it since my one remaining non-enhanced network (required for my interactive inputs) goes right through the box where the existing 8 channel controller is located.  There's only one channel in use and it's just on all the time (a security light next to where we park the cars), so sequencing that in SE is not much of a problem if I have to...

43 minutes ago, mcha said:

What are the hot items this year that people are looking for?

Last year was the 8 pack RGB floods. Hopefully they'll be back for this sale, as I would like to grab some.

The  8 pack RGB floods will be in the sale and they will be less expensive than last years mad grab. We will have most of the items and prices listed tonight and some special additions tomorrow.