Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel poles

kingfish

I picked up two sets of lor ccp's and would like to make four poles. what has other people done.

should I do one strip 50 pixels each, 2 inch spacing, which would make it  a little over 8 foot tall or go two strips per pole, 3 inch spacing making it a little over 6 foot tall.

or am I in Disneyland even thinking this would work. this is my first venture in ccp's and I am trying to make something that would work for Halloween and xmas

Or you could make your own.

6ft two pixel wide ones would look thicker and brighter. One pixel may be really thin, and depending how you build/mount it, maybe unstable.

Look at your "yard" in the visualiser, and decide. Post a picture of it and we can have a better idea of where is is going and maybe give some better answers.

I do plan to use boscoyo products but is a single strip workable or do I need multiple strips. I donot need 360 viewing just 180 

I plan to use the pixel pole from boscoyo here is a pic of side yard were I plan to put them

sorry about poor quality of vids

Edited by kingfish

I did some thing similar to what your looking for but used dumb nodes instead. Now looking back I should and prob will change to pixels this year or next. 

There are 4 boscoyo strips wide( 4 nodes wide) broken into 5 sections approx 6 foot high with their croma pole topper and bottom  they are more flat front facing rather than 180  

Maybe when I change them out I'll prob switch to only 2 boscoyo strips it seems a little bulky  but I'm  not sure  

Edited by Cdanna77

4 hours ago, kingfish said:

I picked up two sets of lor ccp's and would like to make four poles. what has other people done.

should I do one strip 50 pixels each, 2 inch spacing, which would make it  a little over 8 foot tall or go two strips per pole, 3 inch spacing making it a little over 6 foot tall.

or am I in Disneyland even thinking this would work. this is my first venture in ccp's and I am trying to make something that would work for Halloween and xmas

I made what I call pixel sticks last year.  I used the Boscoyo pixel strips and 25 pixels per stick for ease of sequencing.  I made most at a 2" spacing, but used 1" and 3" spacing on a few for variety.  (I like the 2" spacing the best.)  I attached the pixel strips to standard issue green metal fence posts.  Neat, clean, and you can put them almost anywhere.  I drove them into the ground just to the top of the blades and they held all winter.  (Helps to have the ground freeze for this prop.)  Here's a link to pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lye3611gh3petud/AACNumR_tXsYVOvz0rGhW-Xta?dl=0

I've already gotten a couple sets of the pixel pole holders from Boscoyo for this year.  They're sturdy enough to hold most anything you want to do.  I'm looking forward to getting started experimenting with them.

So my plan now is to use Boscoyo pole holders with two strips each with 25 pixels, two inch spacing, for Halloween I will stick a pumkin on top and xmas a star. I will keep the bottom up 12 inches to add a little height