Light-O-Rama Forums

Need ideas to light 40' artificial tree using CCB's.

Treeskirt

I am in the design phase of a new display for my house using an artificial 40' Christmas tree that I recently acquired. The tree is 40' tall and about 18' in diameter at the bottom. I know I want to use CCB's but not sure how many and best way to hang them. I know I don't want to hang them horizontally as it looks messy. I'm a stickler for straight lines. I think this also rules out hanging them on the actual branches, even vertically. I was debating on mounting a small ring at the top and a larger ringer the bottom to which the lights would attach. Does this sound like a viable option? And if so, how many strings should I use?  I'm open to other ideas. 

I also need to know how many of these things I can attach end to end. 

Many help would be greatly appreciated. 

Help us to help you. Where are you located? Maybe update your user profile to reflect that for future assistance?

Location is everything concerning weather and such, especially something that tall.

Also, can you post a pic of the tree you have? That would be cool to  see. :)

My initial thought is CCBs may not be the way to go with this type of structure. A picture would help.

BTW, welcome aboard this awesome forum with awesome members (noticed it's your first post).

Tom

Edited by Santas Helper

Thanks Tom.  I am located in the Detroit area, so yes, the tree does see some rain and snow.  Here's a picture of the tree the way I used to decorate it, lit with standard LED's.

If not CCB's, what would you recommend?

Thanks,

Treeskirt

IMG_0608.JPG.895e4379ec55aa11018ebb1d3d4

That's an awesome tree. 

And thanks for mentioning your location (putting it in your profile, where it shows under your user name and avatar will be shown to everyone in future posts/threads).

I shouldn't have said CCBs may not be the way to go. I haven't dealt with them. Actually, CCBs may be the way to go. When you first mentioned vertical or horizontal I was thinking of a different kind of tree. Your thoughts on how on how you want to hang them is interesting. I think I would try to create a grid system if you want really straight lines. If the tree will only be seen from one angle then you wouldn't have to grid 100% of the tree. Then attached the CCBs to the grid system.

Just my initial thoughts.

I know others will chime in on their thoughts. Curious myself to see how this project turns out.

Tom

Wow! I agree with Tom. What an awesome tree. Since you've decorated it in the past so amazingly, you are in a great position to know how many of whatever style lights you go with. 

Personally, I think something that majestic doesn't need to be all RWBG lit up. Maybe keep the lighting the way you've already been doing it and just add some accent RWBG or strobes or RWBG floods. You know, just add some pop to go with the aw this magnificent tree already has. 

Welcome aboard and good luck,

Daniel

• 1 year later...

Wow, I have a couple of questions, are the current lights LED if so let them be,  looks nice as is, if not maybe think about changing them should save some $$$$ with the Elec. Company.

I like the Strobe effect as stated above should make this tree Pop!!!!

The bottom line, ------ what is YOUR goal.

Good Luck,

Jack

• The topic was locked